Hey all, Rules question -

Hey all, Rules question -
Aid your ally move - So it grants the benefits of the secure an advantage move. So if its a strong hit and the receiver chooses to make another move +1 immediately does this trump the first move and interrupt it?
Thanks for the help in advance!

Comments

  1. Hey, Henry Raab. Can you give me an example? The Secure an Advantage move would (usually) set up the ally in such a way that it supports or complements their actions. For example:

    - As my ally prepares to Undertake a Journey, I make the Aid Your Ally move and Secure an Advantage +wits by scouting ahead.

    - In a fight, I make the Aid Your Ally move and Secure an Advantage +shadow by using a feint against our foe. This gives my ally a clean hit.

    - As my ally prepares to Compel a clean leader, I make the Aid Your Ally move and Secure an Advantage +heart by reminding the clan leader of our kinship.

    In these examples, Secure an Advantage is a setup or supporting move which bolsters the allies ensuing action. I'm having a hard time thinking of a situation where one would invalidate the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but I'm asking about when a player makes a move, then another helps at that moment... a player is using a combat move, then another player aids - do they get the choice of another immediate move +1 /+2 mom. or is the immediate move +1 choice on the move they are being aided on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's essentially happening simultaneously (their action and the allies' action), then it's the move they are making at that moment which gets the benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, thanks for that! We enjoyed playing last night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! That's the part I like to hear. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment