Google+ has become a bit of a ghost town.

Google+ has become a bit of a ghost town. I am going to miss it. Thanks to everyone who participated and lurked here. Please feel free to continue to post and share, but keep in mind that this content will vanish into the shadow realms in a couple of months.

But, all is not lost. We do have a few alternate community hubs. Please join us!

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Ironsworn/

Discord: https://discord.gg/8fpWH6J

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/328279421036397/

For more community resources, please visit https://www.ironswornrpg.com/community

I have also created an archive of Ironsworn G+ content which will persist beyond the coming googlepocolypse. It's available here: https://ironsworn-archives.blogspot.com/. Sadly, the archive is a bit imperfect and doesn't include all comments, but it's a good resource for play reports, questions, and more.
https://www.ironswornrpg.com/community

Comments

  1. Yes losing G+ is a big loss to my gaming life. Shawn Tomkin it would be good to have a link it the comments here, to the archive of Ironsworn on G+ that you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point! I''ve edited the post to include it Jon Freeman

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a great time here and thank G+ for turning me onto Ironsworn. I hope we roll a strong hit Undertaking this Journey and stay together after the Collapse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only just found Ironsworn, tuning into old +1 Forward podcasts. Super-excited for this game! Thanks, Shawn Tomkin! I really appreciate the way you showed up on that podcast. Super-thoughtful, well-informed about PbtA and other game design. You're definitely a creator I will follow. Frustrated we can't do that on G+ for much longer, but will visit you on your website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Brion Oliver! Glad you enjoyed the podcast, and I'm happy you weren't dissuaded by my apparent inability to not say "sort of" every 3 seconds (pro-tip: never listen to yourself on a podcast). Would love to have you join one of the alternative communities listed in my post above. Or, just follow me on Twitter for (mostly) Ironsworn-related news.

    Thanks for checking out Ironsworn :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can assure you that I didn't even notice that, Shawn Tomkin, and I'm a pubic speaker and a theater guy. I thought your patience with what appeared to be the host's skepticism and certainly unfamiliarity with solo play to be very compelling, and you were always a grounded and thoughtful presence on the episode. I was sold on Ironsworn when I learned it was designed for solo + coop + trad play and built on the shoulders of Mythic GME, but it was how you showed up on the episode that made me run out to download it and is having me turn into a huge fan. I haven't been as excited to play and follow something since Johnstone Metzger's The Nightmares Underneath. Do you know Ironsworn, Johnstone Metzger?

    The layout of the game and the organization and tone of the text is also produced to a very high standard. It's a really impressive product. Can you say anything about the art? It's very evocative, and I love that its photo-realism is different than anything I've seen before in an rpg.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Brion Oliver. That makes my day. And, yes, The Nightmares Underneath is excellent.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment