I’m learning by solo playing!
I’m learning by solo playing! A question about the chapter sheet though. Shouldn’t there be spaces for writing down the specifics of your bonds, beside marking their progress? Seems like they should be given more relevance on the sheet than leaving the details to a scratch pad.
Hi, Tom Pleasant. That's a good point. During development, I just couldn't sort out a way to handle them in an elegant fashion, while providing for flexibility in how much/what info to record and not overwhelming the sheet. In the end, I just opted to let the player use an approach that worked for them. I personally use the index card method detailed in the book. Some bonds I have notes for; others are pretty cursory.
ReplyDeleteIt's probably something I'll revisit though! The character sheet is the oldest artifact in the game, and I'll come back to it and see if I can do it better. There's also several digital character sheets that do a really good job of giving you more spots for that sort of detail.
That’s fair enough. Your design work is excellent and I can appreciate why you chose to go that route. Index cards it is!
ReplyDelete