An archive of discussions from the Ironsworn Google+ community, saved for posterity.
I'm usually not a fan of photo realistic art in RPing books.
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I'm usually not a fan of photo realistic art in RPing books... but the art in Ironsworn is so god damn evocative and spot on. Bravo! The elder wolf on page 127 is something of nightmares.
Thanks Gary Anastasio! In my mind's eye, Ironsworn always had a cinematic aesthetic. The approach made me a bit nervous, as I didn't know how it'd be received, but the feedback on the design has been pretty positive. It started as placeholder images to communicate tone to potential illustrators, but I stuck with it. Too far down the rabbit hole to go back.
But now I've used every image in my library, and I've got another chapter to design. Anyone up for some iron age cosplay?
I agree with Gary that normally I don't like photo style art in RP books, but here it just REALLY works. The wolf being the stuff of nightmares though? Errrr no, I think I have PTSD from the 0.1 second glance at the spider.
Thanks Gary Anastasio! In my mind's eye, Ironsworn always had a cinematic aesthetic. The approach made me a bit nervous, as I didn't know how it'd be received, but the feedback on the design has been pretty positive. It started as placeholder images to communicate tone to potential illustrators, but I stuck with it. Too far down the rabbit hole to go back.
ReplyDeleteBut now I've used every image in my library, and I've got another chapter to design. Anyone up for some iron age cosplay?
Shawn Tomkin I could send you some pictures I took at a Viking reenactment recently... :)
ReplyDeleteI literally gasped out loud when I first saw the art for the Shattered Wastes.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Gary that normally I don't like photo style art in RP books, but here it just REALLY works. The wolf being the stuff of nightmares though? Errrr no, I think I have PTSD from the 0.1 second glance at the spider.
ReplyDelete