Ironsworn has seen a few edits in the past week, but I've been primarily focused on fixes and clarifications based...
Originally shared by Shawn Tomkin
Ironsworn has seen a few edits in the past week, but I've been primarily focused on fixes and clarifications based on feedback (thanks everyone!). The one relatively major new item is an update to the assets.
Assets are character abilities, a major part of the character creation and advancement in Ironsworn. They are intended to be printed as cards and put alongside your character sheet. As you gain experience by completing quests, you add new assets or select new abilities within existing assets.
This update includes three new paths. The Storyweaver spins inspiring tales in song, poem or speech. The Wright can fashion or repair items to help on their quests or as gifts to help create a bond. The Devotant seeks blessings and spreads the word of their god to communities.
I've also added a new Martial Focus, the Long-Arm. Taking this asset means you can wield a staff as a deadly weapon and leverage your speed and grace instead of brute force in your attacks.
Finally, this latest version adds the Sway ritual, which allows you to more effectively manipulate others by speaking their name to the night wind. The wind, however, may have some words of its own...
(Note: if you downloaded the assets already this week, you might have some of these assets already, but the latest version includes some updates and fixes).
What I am calling "Volume 1" is feature-complete, at least in terms of the specific assets which are available. The text will continue to be fixed and tweaked. Following the launch of the final game, I hope to continue to support Ironsworn with new assets. I'd love to hear from folks what character concepts or abilities they'd like to see supported in future volumes.
https://goo.gl/7WNGLq
Ironsworn has seen a few edits in the past week, but I've been primarily focused on fixes and clarifications based on feedback (thanks everyone!). The one relatively major new item is an update to the assets.
Assets are character abilities, a major part of the character creation and advancement in Ironsworn. They are intended to be printed as cards and put alongside your character sheet. As you gain experience by completing quests, you add new assets or select new abilities within existing assets.
This update includes three new paths. The Storyweaver spins inspiring tales in song, poem or speech. The Wright can fashion or repair items to help on their quests or as gifts to help create a bond. The Devotant seeks blessings and spreads the word of their god to communities.
I've also added a new Martial Focus, the Long-Arm. Taking this asset means you can wield a staff as a deadly weapon and leverage your speed and grace instead of brute force in your attacks.
Finally, this latest version adds the Sway ritual, which allows you to more effectively manipulate others by speaking their name to the night wind. The wind, however, may have some words of its own...
(Note: if you downloaded the assets already this week, you might have some of these assets already, but the latest version includes some updates and fixes).
What I am calling "Volume 1" is feature-complete, at least in terms of the specific assets which are available. The text will continue to be fixed and tweaked. Following the launch of the final game, I hope to continue to support Ironsworn with new assets. I'd love to hear from folks what character concepts or abilities they'd like to see supported in future volumes.
https://goo.gl/7WNGLq
The asset system is really cool! I like systems with upgrades as a way of mitigating ability bloat, and you've done that in a really slick way.
ReplyDeleteShould the first dot on the Sway ritual be filled in? The third option doesn't really make sense as a potential starting ability.
For future assets, things that encourage teamwork would be really cool. I could imagine an asset that lets you take damage for another character, gives you a bonus when aiding other in certain circumstances, etc.
Thanks joseph deckert. And yes, Sway should absolutely have the first dot marked. Thanks for the catch.
ReplyDeleteGood idea on teamwork assets. I want to weave a bit of that into the next set. The core set is a bit more focused on flexibility for solo play, so doesn't really bring ally-related abilities into the mix.