Started making my first character for Solo play (my son is sick, didn't have time to finish the character).
Started making my first character for Solo play (my son is sick, didn't have time to finish the character).
On my Epic Vow that my character will spend his life time doing, I rolled double 4's on the Challenge Dice, and a 1 (+2) on the Action Dice!
At least it wasn't double 10's... Though I'm liking the sound of double 10's vs a 1 for an Epic Vow!
On my Epic Vow that my character will spend his life time doing, I rolled double 4's on the Challenge Dice, and a 1 (+2) on the Action Dice!
At least it wasn't double 10's... Though I'm liking the sound of double 10's vs a 1 for an Epic Vow!
Double 10's on a vow would be fun to interpret, Toimu! I don't think I've ever rolled that.
ReplyDeleteA quick note on your starting vows, since there is some relevant info that will be provided in the yet unreleased chapter 7....
You start with two vows:
Your first vow is your background vow. This is your ultimate, seemingly unreachable goal, and it gets a rank of epic. You don't actually have to roll for this vow since it's a part of your character's backstory, but you can if you like! You're free to even play out a flashback scene of your character swearing the vow.
Your second vow relates to a current situation. Something just happened, or is happening, or is about to happen. In fiction, you'd call this the inciting incident. This vow would typically be troublesome or dangerous and will drive your initial play. If you are playing co-op or guided, you'll probably share this vow with your allies as a way of bringing the group together with a common goal.
Hopefully your son will get to feeling better and you can get your character finished :)
ReplyDeleteShawn Tomkin Looking forward to chapter 7! Untill then, I'm using bits from "The Hero's Journey", and from a few other sources.
ReplyDeleteJustin Gordon thanks!
If anyone wants the info I'm referencing.
ReplyDeletehttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1nwumKhElp1qnO6FpuXZxLDOhTMmbfzTW0Ej-c9dl_iU/edit?usp=drivesdk
"Draw a Circle" as a sport in my world.
ReplyDeletehttps://youtu.be/9HK7qZxecas