It's gross and grey outside today, seems like the perfect time to resume the tale of Bastien and the Red Warlord!
It's gross and grey outside today, seems like the perfect time to resume the tale of Bastien and the Red Warlord!
Also, I had a thought inspiried by the ICRPG community's Living World of Alfheim. Since many of us play Ironsworn without the benefit of a group, I wondered if it would be of interest to anyone to create a "shared Ironlands" maintained via wiki or similar. It would be a place to flesh out the hills and dales of the Ironlands with play material (random tables and such) as well as with landmarks that other players could then integrate into their own games.
For example, during your *Undertake a Journey* move you need to reach a waypoint. Normally you'd just make one up and move on, but with a Living World you could look to see where other Ironsworn have used, and use it for yourself as well. Villains and heroes could become recurring characters in other players' games as well!
It's kind of a nascent thought that I'm still kicking around, but I'd like to see if it's of interest to anyone before I get cracking on it.
Also, I had a thought inspiried by the ICRPG community's Living World of Alfheim. Since many of us play Ironsworn without the benefit of a group, I wondered if it would be of interest to anyone to create a "shared Ironlands" maintained via wiki or similar. It would be a place to flesh out the hills and dales of the Ironlands with play material (random tables and such) as well as with landmarks that other players could then integrate into their own games.
For example, during your *Undertake a Journey* move you need to reach a waypoint. Normally you'd just make one up and move on, but with a Living World you could look to see where other Ironsworn have used, and use it for yourself as well. Villains and heroes could become recurring characters in other players' games as well!
It's kind of a nascent thought that I'm still kicking around, but I'd like to see if it's of interest to anyone before I get cracking on it.
I'd certainly be interested, collaborative world building and riffing of off each others ideas is an appealing one for me.
ReplyDelete