So I hope this appropriate for the "Discussion" tag.
So I hope this appropriate for the "Discussion" tag. Just kind of wanted to check in, shoot the ... well you know, see how everyone was doing, and maybe give an update on myself.
I haven't been able to play any lately. Yeah, I know, sad face. I went on a cruise, came home and almost immediately got the flu. Fought that off and finally got well enough to return to work where I have been swamped playing catch up.
I really want to get back to Ironsworn, but to be honest, I kind of lost interest in my previous AP. I mean, I really liked it, but I guess due to the extended break... I guess it happens.
Anyway, how are you lot?
I haven't been able to play any lately. Yeah, I know, sad face. I went on a cruise, came home and almost immediately got the flu. Fought that off and finally got well enough to return to work where I have been swamped playing catch up.
I really want to get back to Ironsworn, but to be honest, I kind of lost interest in my previous AP. I mean, I really liked it, but I guess due to the extended break... I guess it happens.
Anyway, how are you lot?
Me? Work, work, and more work, though I took time to watch Hamilton in Seattle the other night (so good!).
ReplyDeleteWorking on Ironsworn over coffee each morning. Coming along! Hope to have Chapter 7 up soon. It's all downhill from there. Does downhill have a positive connotation? That always confuses me. It's meant to in this case.
Super-excited (and nervous) that Graham Spearing is running Ironsworn at the Revelation PbtA con this weekend. Question: How cool is that? Answer: very cool.
I think "it's all down hill from here" has different connotations for different generations.
ReplyDeleteWork, for me, is all down hill. But I get where you are coming from.
Look forward to seeing Chapter 7 myself. Has to be rewarding to have something you have done have such great success.
Revelation PbtA Con? Well I wish him luck and Ironsworn success! Do hope that Graham Spearing fills us in with an After Action Con report.
Now it's time for me to relax. Just spent the day moving my daughter to a new place with a 2.5 hour drive there and back. ~The things we will do for our children :/
A massive hit. My first time with the game and we all loved it BIG much. A guided tale that took us into the Tempest Hills. The moves worked sweetly, tracks were paper clip monitored, +0 Health unlocked by several.
ReplyDeleteNext up it will get a multi quest outing at Seven Hills at the end of March.
Graham Spearing Awesome. How many people did you run in the group at a time?
ReplyDeleteJohn Risus Three players, four assets each. Perfect interplay between them. Player descriptions of locations created unexpected tapestries.
ReplyDeleteGlade to here it Graham Spearing !
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on being close to finishing Shawn Tomkin !
I took a break from RPGs at the end of November. Was hoping to have time in January, but now I'll have to wait till we move. Wife and I bought our first house! So maybe April...
I'm still thinking about Ironsworn. The more I look at hard Sci-fi on spaceships, the more I look at true stories of submarines. So I decided to just try an alternate history submarine crew story. The alternate history part is we didn't have a space race, we had an under water race.
Welcome back, John Risus. You've been missed. Its seems a little odd to wish you well for the cruise and wish you feeling better from the flu, but here we are.
ReplyDeleteThings are well for me and my wife and I did a reskinned Ironsworn co-op game that I hope to have finished and edited in another week or so.
Jeremiah Wenneker Look forward to the co-op write-up! Glad you and the wife are doing well. "Happy wife, happy life."
ReplyDelete