Hi fellow Ironsworn!
Hi fellow Ironsworn!
Just to add to the possibilities of playing on the go. I've created a dedicated companion app for Android. It contains all oracles, assets, foes, world options and a roller. I primarily created it for my self. But maybe some of you will find it worthwhile.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ironsworncompanion&hl=de
If you want to tinker with it, you can find the free source code here:
https://github.com/mschoenherr/ironsworn-companion
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ironsworncompanion&hl=de
Just to add to the possibilities of playing on the go. I've created a dedicated companion app for Android. It contains all oracles, assets, foes, world options and a roller. I primarily created it for my self. But maybe some of you will find it worthwhile.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ironsworncompanion&hl=de
If you want to tinker with it, you can find the free source code here:
https://github.com/mschoenherr/ironsworn-companion
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ironsworncompanion&hl=de
Note 8 user... I can't get anywhere with your app Moritz
ReplyDeleteStops at the beginning "campaigns" screen.
Could you please explain the permissions? Specifically: Why does the app need my device ID and the remote number I am connected to during a call?
ReplyDeletewalter burrell: swipe left to get a menu, I have included a corresponding screenshot into the app description and will probably change the ui a little in the future to make it easier for new users.
ReplyDeleteMatt Horam : currently the app requests some unnecessary permissions since I used a particular react native framework and have not figured out how to exclude these. It only needs the device status for asynchronous loading of saved campaigns (will be changed when i can get to it)
Thanks for your feedback
Swiping does not appear to work in any direction.. I only seem to have been able to add a settlement name.. I'll get *loading * but that's about it.
ReplyDeleteThere really is a drawer menu on the left side of the screen. If you really can't swipe it in from the left side of the screen, I would appreciate an issue on https://github.com/mschoenherr/ironswon-companion
ReplyDeleteI will make this clearer in the next release
Thanks for this, Moritz Schönherr! Like a few others I initially got stuck on finding the menu, but once I got over that hurdle I was impressed by the amount of functionality you've built into the app. Thanks much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteIndeed sorry I didn’t find it sooner..now it’s obvious lol.
ReplyDeletejust played briefly with this app, and I'm loving it so far. Propers to Moritz Schönherr!
ReplyDeleteThank you all for the kind feedback. I am glad that you find it useful.
ReplyDeletesuper app. thanks.
ReplyDeleteMoritz Schönherr I've played with this for a few hours doing tonight and it does am amazing job of replacing character sheets, asset cards, dice, and much in the way of reference, once you have the hang of it.
ReplyDeleteIf I continue making use of it like this, I'll almost certainly open up a pull request or two against your GitHub repo! I'd really like to be able to log die rolls, + stats + adds, for one thing, and would really like to export the logs to some plaintext format, and am happy to contribute these features at some point.
Thanks again!
oh no. All of my data seems to have disappeared. My campaign name is still present but all characters, progress tracks, and most importantly journal entries are gone!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds rough. Do you know under which circumstances this occured?
ReplyDeleteImport/Export is actually next on my todo list.
Logging is mostly automatic this way. Saving die roll history could be woven into this.
Moritz Schönherr all I know is last I used it a couple nights ago I had a couple dozen log entries, 2 or 3 progress tracks and my character stats had been modified a few times as a result of moves, and all that disappeared as well.
ReplyDeleteWhen I went to load it up last night it was just... Inaccessible. Again the campaign name was still present, but tapping it had no effect on other screens.
I feel like this happened once during my initial tinkering with the app, but just two nights ago I was really growing invested in it.
Seriously, Moritz, I'm sure you could make a few bucks off solo/Ironsworn fanatics, by pricing this at 99 cents. Just be sure any kinks like this are worked out before doing so.
And thanks again, because once I'm free of worry it's an amazing too that encourages Ironsworn play more than anything else! Next best option was a somewhat clunky Google spreadsheet I'd been using for character tracking, logs and crappy die rolls (they require something awkward like copy/paste to trigger certainly Callie refreshment) This app is miles ahead of that.
I will try to dig into this problem. Might have something todo with the way savegames are loaded.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the appreciation! For the time being I will not charge anything for this, I am perfectly happy, if someone finds it useful.
Moritz Schönherr I'll likely move to GitHub for future comments btw
ReplyDelete