Played my first session today.

Played my first session today. This game is WAY more fun than I had expected. Definitely continuing the saga. Also, not knowing what will happen is just as exciting and stressful as watching a television drama. Had no idea solo play could be like this. :)
I played as Laura Whiteheart, an outcast Warden driven from her Circle for fear that she might be a Lycanthrope. Not knowing the truth as to whether or not she is (I imagined that in the Ironlands, Lycanthropy emerges in time with age), she swore to defeat the Great White Wolf, a creature of legend that many say if defeated, will eradicate the lycanthopic curse from all within the Ironlands.
Her first task was to acquire a silver sword. She collected information that convinced her to travel to the outer edge of the Deep Wilds. There she met a man named Quinn, who said he would make her a silver weapon, but he'd need the materials from an old Elven Relic located in a ruin within the wilds.
A few terrible Gather Information Moves made the ruins guarded by a small pack of Elves. She prepared for the battle, asked Quinn for additional information, and headed out.
Laura tried to convince the elves that she only wanted the relic, but they had none of that. She was forced to jump atop some ruined battlements and kill two elves, then use one of the bodies still impaled on her sword as a shield from the volley of arrows. She fell down the battlements into the ruin, but was VERY fortunate and managed to rush in and defeat the elves before losing too much blood.
Now gets where it gets bad... No silver. No relic, nothing. The Oracle had betrayed me! And I thought maybe Quinn had as well... But when Laura returned, Quinn let her know how grateful he was for defeating the elves, for they had been growing closer to his stead in the past months. He offered Laura a bed and rest for a couple weeks while he made her a set of light armor.
I'm going to start next session looking for more silver to hopefully bring back to Quinn, but who knows what the Oracle has in store!
That sounds awesome! So glad you enjoyed your session.
ReplyDeleteAnd I really like that character pic. Do you know where you found it?
Shawn Tomkin I just found it doing some searches for character ideas. Here's a reverse google search of it however, if you want to try and find the artist.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.google.com/search?sa=G&hl=en&q=run,+la+leyenda+de+los+nueve+mundos+%5Bbook%5D&tbm=isch&tbs=simg:CAQSmQEJU9nIiLPGe5sajQELEKjU2AQaBggUCAAIAwwLELCMpwgaYgpgCAMSKL4Vgw-GB4QP8xeID8gWiw_1-A5YNuC27LIMuhS68LLcthy72LZ4_1nz8aMP7_1_1CNjkWFe0xiwVokbcJqrA0-lk12iq7IwlIDVSQg1AuaztHFcFeRuRNqCE_1gL0yAEDAsQjq7-CBoKCggIARIEjlxJagw&ved=0ahUKEwjMgYH6udPfAhWIKnwKHVUOBikQ2A4ILCgB&biw=1280&bih=704#imgrc=U9nIiLPGe5tSDM:
Shawn Tomkin Oh, haha, I just realized you're the Author of the Game! I love the game, it's easy to pick up and the way that the Vow systems work make it have very satisfying endings to sessions. Big fan so far.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing , sounds like a fun game . Looking forward to the next session !
ReplyDelete