Guys, I was thinking about how to adapt Pokemon to Ironsworn.

Guys, I was thinking about how to adapt Pokemon to Ironsworn. I almost don't have time to plan much hacks (including some 7th Sea sorcery conversions I'm working on), and I want some help and insight from your part.

With this hack, I would have to do away with some concepts and moves, such as Health for the Trainer, changing some moves related to Spirit, and reworking or eliminating the physical confrontation moves.

Now, Paths would represent training styles (Like Ace Trainer, Breeder, Lass), Rituals could be reworked into Training Methods.

Now, I don't think it's a good idea to make every single Pokemon its own companion asset, and I'm thinking how to tackle that one. My idea is making Type Assets, as in Fairy, Rock, Fighting, etc, and then give those tags with mechanical advantages and disadvantages (Like in other PBTA games) to represent the Pokemon of your team. Type Assets would represent the broad and common abilities of certain types, and tags the more specific ones.

Lastly, Enter the Fray could be modified in that Pokemon gain +1 and +1 momentum using this move if they're facing a Pokemon of a type they have advantage over.

Any other ideas or feedback?

Comments

  1. Wow, that's an ambitious plan! Are you thinking of making individual pokemon Assets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin Gordon No, that would be too much :/ My plan it to make an asset for each Pokemon Type and use tags like in other PbtA games to give them mechanical differences. For example, a Squirtle could be a Water Type Asset with the Defensive and Marksman possitive tags and the Slow negative tag. A Chansey would have the Healer, Strongarm and Defensive possitive tags and the negative Clumsy. First evolutionarly lines would have a maximum of two tags, second tiers 3, and third ones 4. All Pokemon must pick at least one Negative Tag.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment