I'm thinking about a warrior-monk type of asset.
I'm thinking about a warrior-monk type of asset. Something like: "When you make a move, you may use your current Spirit instead of the relevant stat. When you do so, take -1 Spirit." Thoughts? It can be a huge boost, but only a couple of times. Should you have to test spirit?
Anytime you suffer -spirit you should Test Your Spirit, regardless of the circumstance that caused it. At least that's how it seems to me. I definitely like the idea of having an asset that let's you burn your resources for a boost.
ReplyDeleteThat's a cool idea, joseph deckert! Let me give that one some thought.
ReplyDeleteYeah, per the rules it would be a spirit test, I was just thinking of writing on an exception for the ability. I'm thinking I'll test it with the spirit test first.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking of something similar first as a gadgeteer/inventor style ability where you could spend supply to use your wits instead of another start - envisioning a contraption you bodge together to solve the problem.
I would personally leave the Test Your spirit in, as that makes the move riskier as your spirit gets lower (without Test Your Spirit there's not really any mechanical teeth behind losing spirit)
ReplyDelete