The "progressive solo play" of Ironsworn RPG for #SGAM2018 was a resounding success!
The "progressive solo play" of Ironsworn RPG for #SGAM2018 was a resounding success! I think at times it was far more difficult to pull off as the month progressed, because the later players really had a lot to read through to keep up on the various story threads. It really showcased how well built the system is, how open it is to playing fast and free mechanics-wise, but still allowing for imaginations to really take over when inspiration hits (yet provides a wonderful level of oracular assistance when the ideas just aren't flowing for players).
In the coming weeks I'll be making the Google Group we used to track everything publicly available for everyone to peruse. I definitely learned some management tricks putting this project together; hopefully I documented it well enough that this can be used as a template for more such game sessions to be run by anyone with the gumption to do so!
Thanks again to all who participated this year!
In the coming weeks I'll be making the Google Group we used to track everything publicly available for everyone to peruse. I definitely learned some management tricks putting this project together; hopefully I documented it well enough that this can be used as a template for more such game sessions to be run by anyone with the gumption to do so!
Thanks again to all who participated this year!
Thanks for wrangling this, Dan Davis, and thanks to everyone who participated.
ReplyDeleteMy pleasure, Shawn Tomkin! I also figured out a different name for it, which may make more sense to people: "relay play", as in "passing the baton" relay. :D
ReplyDelete"Relay play" is great :)
ReplyDeleteEchoing Shawn's sentiments, thank you Dan Davis for putting this together and shepherding it along. It great fun.
ReplyDelete