Guys, big question.
Guys, big question.
I know Momentum stays the same between sessions but, what about Health, Spirit and Supply after fullfilling vows and starting new quests?
A friend's character just finished his first vow. When he goes back to play, what does he does with the tracks? In which page can I find this info?
I know Momentum stays the same between sessions but, what about Health, Spirit and Supply after fullfilling vows and starting new quests?
A friend's character just finished his first vow. When he goes back to play, what does he does with the tracks? In which page can I find this info?
They carry on, the only way to shift them is by making moves like recover, resupply, etc
ReplyDeleteThere isn't a mechanic to reset status tracks, since the assumption is typically that you're in a semi-continuous narrative. However, if you have significant downtime "off screen" (weeks, months, or years), I would probably consider resetting all tracks to their default (+2 for momentum, +5 for everything else). No reset for debilities, though.
ReplyDeleteShawn Tomkin Yes, the next adventure would take time months prior to the introduction so I guess it makes sense :P Thanks for the replies guys, I'll take this into account :)
ReplyDeleteLittle homebrew I put together inspired by this question:
ReplyDeleteWhen you fall back into the lull of harsh Ironlands life, roll +bonds (whole boxes). Add +1 if you are spending this time in a community you have a bond with. If you have any unresolved Iron Vows, treat strong hit as a weak hit.
- On a strong hit reset your Health, Spirit and Supply to 5 and your momentum to 2. Envision an opportunity that makes you Swear an Iron Vow, and add +1 when you do it.
- On a weak hit reset your Health, Spirit and Supply to 3 and your momentum to 0. Envision an imminent treat that makes you Swear an Iron Vow.
- On a miss you are denied any respite by a sudden danger. Pay the price.