Hi
Hi,
New to Ironsworn and I am getting ready for my first journey into the Ironlands. I do have a small rules question though :
- I am reading the "Forge a Bond" move and I wonder if you also mark a tick on your Bond progress bar on a weak hit (after the request is resolved successfully) ?
- Sub question : On a miss on the "Test your Bond" move, should I remove both the marked Bond AND the tick on the Bond progress bar ?
On another note, I have been roleplaying for more than 30 years and I am absolutely floored by what you have done with Ironsworn, truly superb game design.
Take care,
- Yannick
New to Ironsworn and I am getting ready for my first journey into the Ironlands. I do have a small rules question though :
- I am reading the "Forge a Bond" move and I wonder if you also mark a tick on your Bond progress bar on a weak hit (after the request is resolved successfully) ?
- Sub question : On a miss on the "Test your Bond" move, should I remove both the marked Bond AND the tick on the Bond progress bar ?
On another note, I have been roleplaying for more than 30 years and I am absolutely floored by what you have done with Ironsworn, truly superb game design.
Take care,
- Yannick
Hi, Yannick Jean! Welcome, and thank you so much for giving Ironsworn a try.
ReplyDeleteFor a strong hit on Forge the Bond, you mark a tick immediately. For a weak hit, you have two choices depending on the request and the framing of the situation:
1) Do the thing they ask, and then mark a tick
2) Swear an Iron Vow to do the thing they ask, and mark a tick when you swear the vow (you don't need to finish the task, because the vow is considered binding). If you Forsake Your Vow, you'd need to Test Your Bond.
With a miss on Test Your Bond, you'll erase a tick on your bond progress track and make a note as appropriate in whatever template you're using to track important NPC's.
Hope that helps!
Quick and informative reply : thanks !
ReplyDelete