Has anybody considered or created advanced assets requiring other assets (or having them fully upgraded) as...
Has anybody considered or created advanced assets requiring other assets (or having them fully upgraded) as prerequisites? I'm thinking about jobs in Dragon Warrior 7 or FF:Tactics, allowing you to specialize more deeply or narrowly rather than wider, after unlocking a certain combination of lower tier assets.
For context, I just discovered Ironsworn and I'm absolutely loving it. Though I have not tried it, co-op/solo+GMless+Oracles is my absolute sweet spot for gaming.
For context, I just discovered Ironsworn and I'm absolutely loving it. Though I have not tried it, co-op/solo+GMless+Oracles is my absolute sweet spot for gaming.
Hey, Adam Minnie ... welcome! Such as thing was part of my design docs a couple of years, but it was dropped. I've been a bit discouraged by skill trees or feat trees in some games that force you to spend points on stuff you may not want to get to the thing you do want. The one time I've used this approach is the Rider asset, which essentially requires you to have a Horse companion asset.
ReplyDeleteNot sure if someone is the community has done something of the sort. If I can make it work, It might be a cool idea if/when I expand the current assets further.
My WIP magic system for Ironsworn uses this. Should be somewhere in the Discord #homebrew channel.
ReplyDeleteKrzysztof Czopek Awesome. Found it!
ReplyDeleteKrzysztof Czopek Have you updated the GoogleDoc since you posted the more generic assets like Manatouched, Battlemage, [Spellweaver], and [Runewright]?
ReplyDeleteAdam Minnie Basically I see them as two separate versions, and the one you mention is kind of deprecated because I don't like it that much. Still might be useful as a springboard for someone else.
ReplyDeleteAlso the Manatouched version is like what OP said - you need Manatouched to get Battlemage, and I had an idea that once you have Manatouched and three related paths + vow requirement, you get access to powerful Archwizard asset. All of this is partly in the Discord, partly in my notes, and partly in my head :) I will eventually get to putting it together, I hope :)
ReplyDelete