Hi, everyone! Just a quick check-in with some status updates.


Hi, everyone! Just a quick check-in with some status updates.

1) The core rulebook download was updated yesterday, but changes were very minor. Not much worth talking about there.

2) I've got a few items on my to-do list, such as the blank asset templates. Will get those sussed out as soon as I can.

3) Just noticed that Ironsworn is on the hotness list at rpggeek.com today! Not sure how that happened, but I'll accept the notion that my goofy game is clearly hotter than Pathfinder.

4) A hopeful nudge for folks to download and rate or review on DriveThruRPG (http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/238369/Ironsworn). It really does seem to help with visibility, which can otherwise be tough for a free product since it doesn't hit the top selling lists.

5) The print version of Ironsworn is currently stuck in proofing limbo. After 3 weeks my status finally updated to "preparation of files has begun". I expect there will be issues to address with the first proof, because I tend to roll a weak hit at best on these things. Optimistically, I'd say it's a month away for print copies. Realistically, probably two months. Here's a preview of the Ironsworn print cover. Feedback welcome, particularly on the back cover text (not that it matters, particularly, since browsing in a shop isn't a factor, but still...)

Comments

  1. "Feedback welcome, particularly on the back cover text (not that it matters, particularly, since browsing in a shop isn't a factor, but still...)"

    Isn't a factor...yet!
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me heretic, but I've never played Pathfinder. However, IronSworn: that I've played! So, it makes sense the name is hot like molten iron! Congrats, Shawn Tomkin!

    Also, that cover is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good.

    However the way the printing process works the left edge of the front image can move up to 3 mm left or right, so might not align correctly with the edge of the cover. Ie it might be on the spine, or there might be a black gap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might be totally alone here but the co-op symbol would look better if they were left and right instead of up and down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. will we have the option to order this from our local game stores? (I expect not, but I try not to make assumptions.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. design suggestion: you could improve the cover if you adjusted the logo to the top right corner or her eyeline. I never thought so until I saw the back cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phil Garrad. That's a bummer. I suppose I can just kill the hard edge and let the image wrap around to the spine, but that'll be a bit awkward. Seems like I might be better off giving myself a bit of wiggle room and letting the black of the spine creep a couple of mm over the front?

    Ria Ora just via DriveThru. And regarding the cover text .. I suspect that it just ends up looking odd when you view the cover and back together, since it doesn't follow a straight line, but that's not how you'd end up viewing the book itself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cover design is the bane of my life! Maybe fade the edge of the image? Either way you should probably have the edge of the image 6mm / .25" away from the edge of the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Phil Garrad. I think I can probably put her left side in shadow, and just arc the flame a bit earlier to get it away from the edge. that will allow me a few mm of wiggle room. I'll dive into Photoshop and fiddle with that this weekend.

    Appreciate the help.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shawn Tomkin: that makes sense now that you put it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Ironsworn community is big enough to get blog spam now? Exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment