The latest Ironsworn update is now available.

The latest Ironsworn update is now available. This is the final preview release, and I'll be locking down the rulebook in the next week or two for the printed versions.
That means that the window for telling me about an issue is just about closed! If you catch a typo or other goof, please be a hero and report it at https://goo.gl/3xB925. Thanks to everyone who has submitted issues thus far.
Ironsworn is the free tabletop RPG of perilous quests for solo, co-op and guided play. It can be downloaded from ironswornrpg.com or at DriveThruRPG (drivethrurpg.com/product/238369/Ironsworn).
Any notable changes?
ReplyDeleteFairly low key Lex Permann, though more than in previous weeks and there has been an overall "polish pass" to tidy things up. You can check out the change log here: drive.google.com - Ironsworn-Change-Log.pdf
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhhh I'm so excited!
ReplyDeleteI was just about to tag you on the oracle updates, Justin Gordon. One bit I didn't put in the changelog was an update to the "Quick Settlement Name Generator". I had "bleak" in there twice (though I guess there's an argument that 50% of the results should use "bleak" as their prefix).
ReplyDeleteShawn Tomkin thanks for thinking of me!
ReplyDeleteI'll sync up the generators tonight or tomorrow
Oracle 7 now matches the book again!
ReplyDeleteIs it coming out as a POD?
ReplyDeleteShawn Tomkin when I opened G+ just now, 5 of the 6 posts visible on the first screen were Ironsworn. And I have a LOT of other folks and communities in my feed. :D
ReplyDeleteYep, Allan Prewett! A month or two.
ReplyDeleteThat's cool, Josh McGraw. I don't see too much Ironsworn happening outside of this community on G+ at the moment, but obviously I can't see private posts.
ReplyDeleteI am spreading the word a few other places. Been playing a 1:1 game over on RoleGate for a few weeks now with Krzysztof Czopek, and advertising about Ironsworn in the RG Discord has been generating some interest.
ReplyDeleteI've bookmarked that game, Josh. Krzysztof linked it in a Reddit post. I'm excited to follow along. What do you think of Role Gate? Seems pretty nifty for async play.
ReplyDeleteWould you mind if I add a link to that game to my May newsletter? Hasn't been too many play reports this month.
Link away! Krzysztof has advertised us elsewhere already. I LOVE RG. After almost 20 years of async RPGing over forums, email, and social media, I think RG is already the best service I have ever used.
ReplyDeleteMeeeen, I'm consuming my pencil on my printed preview! I HAVE to keep it up-to-dated!!!! X-D ... Then I arrive to pag. 235-236... Damn...
ReplyDeletePS: very good work expanding that part.
PPS: see picture attached.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/g8wcXt7CrcsSTTEKTDVmUg8p3lKwPcu_kzDLgYn9KtpSZi3zcrzVfoWd2TB_AyT_itJlfKmNtp9Azl8=s0
Also: ... "Continue to make moves, each time envisioning your approach, until either your move track is full (all 4 boxes are marked)"...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the catch Andrea Parducci. I've been waffling between 4 and 5 boxes there, as you can tell ;)
ReplyDeleteAlso: "Any player can also make the Aid Your Ally move to contribute
ReplyDeleteto a move another character is about to make" << missing final dot.
Also, any chance for a last minute Assets add-on? I remember I saw in the community Loyalist, Shield-Bearer, Kindred, Young-Wyvern. You could throw in other 5 of them (maybe you could poll the community for missing type suggestions), and add a whole page to the final Assets file. 💖
ReplyDeleteShawn Tomkin don't leave my pencil hanging... ✏️😅 Should I draw 4 or 5 boxes in the page?
ReplyDeleteThe nice thing about assets, Andrea Parducci, is that they aren't tied to the formal release of the core book. They may see continued fiddling even beyond the POD release. I probably won't add another page to the core, because I think it's at a tipping point where it'll get overwhelming for new players, but I will formalize the extras in some form and add some new ones. There's also a chance I'll look back at the extras and decide to swap it for one of the existing core.
ReplyDeleteIf I ever offer POD cards for assets I'll need to lock them down, but for now they aren't under the same limitations.
4, but keep your eraser handy :)
ReplyDelete(and sorry for messing up your beautiful printed version, Andrea Parducci)
ReplyDelete😂https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/b1C7y-70wUiKJrLhA7_jby0uYSrU9lHrxkJ5BZhQ8s7jgMyLFW03UJ42z8Z4zSvE1HoeoX0BEaAvJE4=s0
ReplyDelete