I've played my first (solo) game of Ironsworn. Fulfilling my vow: Here's the after action report:
I've played my first (solo) game of Ironsworn. Fulfilling my vow: Here's the after action report:
https://www.notion.so/roleplaying/Ironsworn-Solo-Play-AAR-4ee2d1dcf6a64367a17cc2ae0b997673
TLDR: Good game. I liked it.
https://www.notion.so/roleplaying/Ironsworn-Solo-Play-AAR-4ee2d1dcf6a64367a17cc2ae0b997673
TLDR: Good game. I liked it.
Great play report! Thank you. I hope your quest continues.
ReplyDeleteNice layout -- very easy to read and follow. The only thing I didn't get was how you got 10 harm in one strike against the Broken.
ReplyDeleteKen Hubbard ... 2 harm, +1 for the strong hit, +2 for the Bladebound asset and taking -1 spirit. For a dangerous foe that's 2 progress per harm, so 10 progress.
ReplyDeleteBladebound's fury is actually a bit overpowered. I have it on my to-do to nerf a bit, sadly. I'd encourage Piotr Pietrzak to keep on keeping on with the old version, though ;)
Shawn Tomkin Oh okay. I guess I missed that because I've never used the Bladebound asset. I'm also cursed with bad dice and have therefore never rolled a strong hit during a fight.
ReplyDeleteShawn Tomkin I'm glad you liked the report :D
ReplyDeleteI like the fact that assets can be lost -- companions can die, swords can be stolen. There's a lot of potential for guided mode too -- as a GM I'd consider giving players situational/temporary assets. Actually taking the asset card out of your notes(/sleeve) would be a cool surprise for sure.
I can compare Ironsworn to Blades in the Dark, as both games are "inspired by the Apocalypse". Gotta say -- Ironsworn is much more approachable. I paid for Blades and I'll admit Ironsworn is worth my money too :)
However, rulebook being free is amazing advantage. It can allow the game to get popular or go even viral.
Ironsworn has almost no "media coverage", though. I randomly found it by a post on reddit. I don't even remember how :D I'll certainly recommend your game to my friends, Shawn. Maybe I'll get to facilitate coop on a con next week :D