I've been updating my asset card templates for availability in POD format.


I've been updating my asset card templates for availability in POD format.

One concern, however, is the use of fillable dots for marking abilities. I suspect folks won't want to write all over the POD cards, but I don't really have a better idea on how to handle the abilities.

If you sleeve the cards in protectors, I would imagine dry erase markers work fine. Also, things like a grease pencil might work on the glossy surface. Or, you can use little removable stickers like this: https://amzn.to/2JWsrOc. Or, the trusty old paperclip technique would be a little kludgy but would work.

Is this a problem I need to solve for folks? Or a non-issue? Thoughts? I could include a card in the set which has some recommendations on how to handle marking abilities without writing on the cards.

Comments

  1. Yup, recommend card sleeves. You can also make the cards available on thegamecrafter.com. They have UV coating and linen texture available. It's compatible with dry erase markers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jacob Ross. Would be nice to have it all centralized at DriveThru but I'll give GameCrafter a look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use a token on top of the card, so it's fine.
    Also, I'm really looking forward to being able to buy IronSworn as a printed book, with POD cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Non-issue. I intended to do something similar: print cards (and character sheets) on cardstock and use sleeves with dry erase/grease pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with everyone here, it's not a big issue to me. Card sleeves are an essential for games that get a good deal of play anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My City of Mist rpg has tracking and other cards the can take a permanent marker and be rubbed of. Laminated from the company.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cards were perfect size for sleeves I already had, so all good over here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allan Prewett I don't know how well your permanent markers worked on the cards, but I've been using wet-erase markers on them with great results. They wipe off easily, but not TOO easily, and there's no hint you used them afterward. Love that game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could be out of date, but I think in Australia only one type of these erasers available and it does not work on these sort of products. I have this chessex battle mat and when I first used it with what we call white board markers, it failed to fully rub off and I have not tried since. So there are wet and dry erasers and I have not really looked into it to try both assuming I can get both.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment