In eager anticipation of a Sci-Fi version of Ironsworn, my wife and I sat down and did a cooperative play set in the...
In eager anticipation of a Sci-Fi version of Ironsworn, my wife and I sat down and did a cooperative play set in the Firefly universe. There have of course been some hacks of the system and some changes. Notably the inclusion of a ship asset independent of either character and which sadly didn't see much use. Most of the rest are reskinned assets. Most of it is still pretty rough, but we had a hilariously good time writing it. I hope it is an enjoyable read.
As always, thank you to those who read these stories. I hope they are enjoyable and inspire. Comments, critiques, and charges of heresy are always welcome.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1USc3fYMVq4B924DuBkPmVJYDX4kGxG_h
As always, thank you to those who read these stories. I hope they are enjoyable and inspire. Comments, critiques, and charges of heresy are always welcome.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1USc3fYMVq4B924DuBkPmVJYDX4kGxG_h
Oh cool! I'll read this tonight!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Looking forward to reading it.
ReplyDeleteThat was super cool. I loved your take on the assets and the feel of the whole writeup. How are you liking your ship rules?
ReplyDeleteNice one. I'm looking forward for continuation of this one too.
ReplyDeleteI like the ship having assets, it gives it a lot of character. I'm still debating on the wealth/supply vs. wealth mechanics. My instinct is they should be separate but tracking both feels fiddly. Secretly, I'm waiting for Shawn Tomkin to come up with better rules for the Ironsworn Sci-Fi setting. Shawn has a knack for elegant rules and systems.
ReplyDeleteFair warning, this story will be much slower in developing. My wife and I don't often have long stretches of time to devote to this. Alas.
That is very interesting idea. I think that i would just swap Spirit for Software condition. With some AI assets Path, engines and weapons that would be wery cool.
ReplyDelete