Lots of new members in the Ironsworn community today. Welcome! Please feel free to holler with any questions.

Comments

  1. I got here from a post on reddit. I read the rulebook a few weeks ago but didn't know about the community here.
    I'm planning to test the rules together with my girlfriemd very soon.
    I'm also excited about the alternative settings you have planned. Especially everything I could use for high fantasy and cyberpunk.
    I read one post about rules for vehicles as "characters" with their own sheet and assets. I'm thinking about using the same approach for a faction (i.e. starship crew/feantasy armies/a kingdom). Do you think that could work? I understand that it's pretty far away from Ironsworns original design...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freddy W. My immediate thought is that faction-as-character is that it would work great! I’d love to talk about it more when I’ve got some more time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justin Gordon Sure, I'd be up for a little musing. How is your high fantasy Aztec game? (Really like your Race/Lineage assets btw)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, glad you like them! Regrettably my Aztec fantasy game is still waiting to happen, so no developments on that front

    ReplyDelete
  5. Freddy W. organizations as characters would work great. We actually had a little bit of that happening in the Play Reports section (such as using a military unit as a character, and many of the moves actually work as-is scaled up to organizational efforts.

    It's something I'll be thinking more about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe the game Legacy (the second edition from Modiphius) uses something like factions as characters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Justin Gordon I am sorry to hear that. I hope you can start soon so you can test your ideas.

    Shawn Tomkin I'll check for the play report. I think the idea that you can "play" more than a character but also organizations etc. with very similar rules is a very cool approach to game design (I associate it with Fate, which I also like)

    Todd Yes, it does. I should check how easy it'd be to use them for Ironsworn and other settings.

    One question I have in that regard: How easy is it to convert moves from the original Apocalypse World "Engine"? Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Freddy W. Don't feel bad for me, it's gotten sidetracked by a pile of other great gaming I've gotten to be involved in!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment