I am a bit confused. In the Ironsworn free forever thread 4 weeks ago, there was mention of the schedule being for the release of the finalized version of Ironsworn to be in February. Now a preview version is announced - so has the finalization been postponed?
I am asking since I want to print the game in order to play it. At 200 pages, that is something I do not wish to do twice within a short while, so I was waiting for the final release.
Thus, I would like to know what the current plans for previews and final release are. I really just want information, I am not trying to put pressure on you.
Please forgive my boldness, but having skimmed over the rules, I really like what I see, both as far as improvement of the Dungeon World engine as well as the world guide are concerned. Lots of great ideas I hope to enjoy in the future.
The next iteration will be a "content complete" book, in that all of the planned chapters will be in place. Following that release, I expect I'll be dealing with (hopefully minor) errors and edits, which is why I am calling it "Preview 7" instead of "Done!". I am going to open up google form for the community, for example, to capture any feedback on typos, etc.
As for how long between "Preview 7" and "Done!", I'm not actually sure. I want to let things settle and try to catch as many niggles as possible before I start to prep for the print-on-demand version.
So, it's a tough call in terms of printing. I think you will be in good shape if you want to go ahead and print Preview 7, but you might also want to wait (a month or so) until some of the minor edits have settled in. Depends how much that stuff bugs you and how much you want your personal copy to reflect the final, final version.
Shawn Tomkin I can feel a spiral bound A5 of Preview 7 coming on, as much to show off at Seven Hills (7hills.org.uk), where I am running a full day of Ironsworn... :)
Thank you for the information. And no need to apologize, I was not frustrated, just a bit confused.
I guess my best bet then would be to wait a few days after the release of preview 7 to see if anything major has slipped past you. Typos and minor errors do not really bug me, but if there was something big hindering play, that would not be so nice.
While I am eager to play, I am not in such a hurry as there are a number of other games waiting to be tested/played, now that a change in my work life is giving me a bit more time.
Graham Spearing :) :) :) :) I prefer going for A6 using post card binders as they are really pocket sized.
Nice.
ReplyDeleteVery cool.
ReplyDeleteOh this is so epic!
ReplyDeleteBut... but... where is it!? I needs it now!
ReplyDeleteCome to me, my precious! D:
ReplyDeleteHoly shit. That looks amazing.
ReplyDeleteIs it here yet?
ReplyDeleteCan't wait!!!!
ReplyDeleteWait, is the POD coming 7th March, or is this something else?
ReplyDeleteIsa Wills This is preview 7, which I believe includes the best practices/campaign setup/tips and tricks chapter Shawn has been working on.
ReplyDeleteAlso if I'm right that will make Ironsworn more or less feature complete!
Justin Gordon thanks for the info. Just getting started with Ironsworn, so a little behind with developments so far.
ReplyDeleteDances about. Stops. Breathes. Dances about. CMON!
ReplyDeleteIsa Wills no worries, it's a great game and we're happy to have you!
ReplyDeleteHello!
ReplyDeleteI am a bit confused. In the Ironsworn free forever thread 4 weeks ago, there was mention of the schedule being for the release of the finalized version of Ironsworn to be in February. Now a preview version is announced - so has the finalization been postponed?
I am asking since I want to print the game in order to play it. At 200 pages, that is something I do not wish to do twice within a short while, so I was waiting for the final release.
Thus, I would like to know what the current plans for previews and final release are. I really just want information, I am not trying to put pressure on you.
Please forgive my boldness, but having skimmed over the rules, I really like what I see, both as far as improvement of the Dungeon World engine as well as the world guide are concerned. Lots of great ideas I hope to enjoy in the future.
Yours,
Deathworks
Hi, Deathworks DW. Sorry for the frustration!
ReplyDeleteThe next iteration will be a "content complete" book, in that all of the planned chapters will be in place. Following that release, I expect I'll be dealing with (hopefully minor) errors and edits, which is why I am calling it "Preview 7" instead of "Done!". I am going to open up google form for the community, for example, to capture any feedback on typos, etc.
As for how long between "Preview 7" and "Done!", I'm not actually sure. I want to let things settle and try to catch as many niggles as possible before I start to prep for the print-on-demand version.
So, it's a tough call in terms of printing. I think you will be in good shape if you want to go ahead and print Preview 7, but you might also want to wait (a month or so) until some of the minor edits have settled in. Depends how much that stuff bugs you and how much you want your personal copy to reflect the final, final version.
Shawn Tomkin I can feel a spiral bound A5 of Preview 7 coming on, as much to show off at Seven Hills (7hills.org.uk), where I am running a full day of Ironsworn... :)
ReplyDeleteHmmm .. March 25 for Seven Hills, Graham Spearing Pressure is on!
ReplyDeleteShawn Tomkin Ha ha, no worries. See how your progress track fills up...
ReplyDeleteI think I'll be in good shape, Graham Spearing, but you as well as anyone knows how that goes.
ReplyDeleteShawn Tomkin
ReplyDeleteHello!
Thank you for the information. And no need to apologize, I was not frustrated, just a bit confused.
I guess my best bet then would be to wait a few days after the release of preview 7 to see if anything major has slipped past you. Typos and minor errors do not really bug me, but if there was something big hindering play, that would not be so nice.
While I am eager to play, I am not in such a hurry as there are a number of other games waiting to be tested/played, now that a change in my work life is giving me a bit more time.
Graham Spearing
:) :) :) :)
I prefer going for A6 using post card binders as they are really pocket sized.
Yours,
Deathworks
If there's something that caught my attention the moment I saw it was the graphic aspect of the game. It's powerful and so unlike other RPG's.
ReplyDeleteThanks Thredith Undomiel !
ReplyDelete