So more as idle curiosity than anything, I wondered about community supplements to Ironsworn once the game...

So more as idle curiosity than anything, I wondered about community supplements to Ironsworn once the game inevitably becomes an indie darling and sells a million copies. FATE has Powered by FATE, ICRPG has For use with ICRPG CORE, D&D did OGL and of course Apocalypse World/Dungeon World has the now famous Powered by the Apocalypse. What would we call such a thing for Ironsworn to indicate that a community project is designed to run on this ruleset? I'm personally partial to Bound by Iron or something similarly evocative. Anyone else gave it any thoughts?

This would probably also be a good time to ask Shawn Tomkin what the official license state of Ironsworn is!

Comments

  1. Hah, Justin Gordon. From your lips to god's ears on becoming an indie darling. I'm happy just puttering away under the radar here, so don't have any expectations for more than that. It's a pretty niche game, so I'm thrilled to have anyone paying attention.

    As for the license, to be honest I've given it a passing thought but not serious thought. I figure I'll see what happens with the next preview and make a decision before I put the final thing out in the wild. Probably just some level of Creative Commons (CC-BY).

    Having a "Powered By" branding would be fun, but that's probably cart before horse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawn Tomkin You never know! I think you've got something really special on your hands here and you deserve every ounce of success I know you've got coming :)

    Ed Ortiz I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting theoretical question. :) Sworn by the Iron. SBTI . I'd be curious to see whether fangames get named after the iron or the sworn part of the name. Would you get IronStar or Starsworn? I find it sounds better as "somethingsworn" (or Shadowsworn, Dragonsworn, IronFistSworn). And there's already the Iron Kingdom rpg, so powered by the Iron might confuse people, whereas the Sworn is quite unique to this game. so maybe "Sworn by" could work. Or Swornforged. Just some random thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Etienne Lefebvre I was inclined to keep the 'sworn' part. It translates genres easier than Iron

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....Iron Brewed....
    (I’ll get my coat)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Sworn on Iron' is a pretty good one too! I feel like there's a perfect way to word it, it just hasn't come to me yet :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's my typical monday, Simon Fernandez

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simon Fernandez Shawn Tomkin
    Hahahhaahahahhahaha

    I was thinking "Driven/Powered by an Iron Vow" wouldn't be bad either

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment