A recommendation guys, for those who like to play Ironsworn in settings with dungeons and weird monsters.

A recommendation guys, for those who like to play Ironsworn in settings with dungeons and weird monsters.

Maybe those of you who are familiar with Dungeon World already know about Perilous Wilds, a supplement which expands and further details overland travel and world generation. I found it to be an invaluable companion for a more High Fantasy experience in Ironsworn.

Even tho I use the exploration rules from Ironsworn, as they are simple and tailored to work as intended with the base game, the Region generator, encounter generator and of course, the rules for spontaneous dungeon crawling are simply amazing.

You only need to substitute the stats used by the dungeon exploration moves and that's it, you got a Dungeon Crawling experience for Ironsworn, and a generator of wonderous waypoints, like giant trees, dead titans, and even more things only limited by your interpretation of the discovery results!

Here's a link to the supplement, hope you have fun with this as I've been having!

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/156979/The-Perilous-Wilds
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/156979/The-Perilous-Wilds

Comments

  1. Thanks for the rec, David Álvarez! I kickstarted Perilous Wilds and really thought it was superb. I have some notes on dungeon/ruin delving for Ironsworn that I'll be fleshing out into a mini-supplement, and forgot that PW has some dungeon generation stuff. I'll give it a look since I am sure there is some inspiration/ideas to be found there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a ton of stuff from this publisher (part of a bundle I guess?!) and I've been meaning to ask how compatible these titles (and other DW stuff) is with Ironsworn. I don't know enough about DW or PbtA in general to know what's different (other than I guess DW seems a bit more "crunchy" with classes, weapon damage, etc). I do know the Perilous Wilds has some great general purpose stuff in it, though, from using those generators in AdventureSmith. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawn Tomkin You just made my day saying all that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spencer Salyer Many DW books are compatible with Ironsworn, I would say. I have even turned some class features from Inverse World and Dungeon World into Ironsworn Assets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shawn Tomkin I'm super excited to hear this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a coincidence, I just dug out my copy yesterday, looking for inspiration. I heartily recommend it - it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment