I’ve started an Ironsworn actual play, setting the Ironlands within the world of Mythika from the Mazes and...
I’ve started an Ironsworn actual play, setting the Ironlands within the world of Mythika from the Mazes and Minotaurs RPG (so my PC can be a Greek hoplite). Sorry, the fiction’s a little spare; but I’ve been enjoying playing, and I’m afraid I’d get bogged down if I committed to writing more elaborate fiction.
http://archonidesintheironlands.wordpress.com
http://archonidesintheironlands.wordpress.com
That’s a good beginning. I like it how you’ve set the first vow to recovering his armor and weapons. That gives me ideas for my own gameplay. Also, I wonder who are those two women, and what’s their quest!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Thredith. :) This was very enjoyable, and makes me want to know where it'll go.
ReplyDeleteReally enjoyed this and looking forward to more!
ReplyDeleteI do have a question for you... did you consider actually basing it somewhere in Mythika instead of the Ironlands and how tough do you think it would be to pull off the change of setting?
Aaron Stockser I’d like to try and run it somewhere in the actual Mythika setting, but I wanted to start out being easy on myself by keeping it somewhere where I could use all the Ironsworn oracles as-written. If I moved it elsewhere I’d end up wanting to make custom oracles.
ReplyDeleteAlso, most of the areas of Mythika are more “civilized” than the Ironlands, and the social moves are not currently the focus of Ironsworn, it seems to me.
ReplyDeleteI'm new to the game and have been studying and preparing for my first adventure and your intro was helpful to me getting my bearings about how to approach it and to use the tables. I'm feeling a Captain Kronos/Vampire Hunter D vibe for a starter. Not playing a half vamp or anything but a sort of supernatural hunter.
ReplyDelete