I've had a few requests for an Ironsworn asset that is a human companion. To that end, here's a proposed option.
I've had a few requests for an Ironsworn asset that is a human companion. To that end, here's a proposed option.
"Role" for the first ability is obviously pretty open-ended, but gives you some control over how broad/narrow you'd like their help to be. The Skilled ability is a pretty light bonus, so I don't think it will break anything to go relatively broad.
A scout would help when you Undertake a Journey, or sneak into position.
A hunter would help when you Resupply, or when tracking a creature.
A seer would help channel the spirits when you perform rituals.
A skalde would help ingratiate yourself with the locals when you Sojourn, or when you Compel with +heart.
etc.
In short, if it makes sense in the fiction, take the bonus.
As with any companion, if you leverage their aid and roll a 1 on your move die, the outcome should impact/affect your companion.
Edit: Oops! Should be +4 on their health track. I"ll get that sorted later.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QVa8ljkm_rhqvPQ_2g05ULvklUyS49uK
"Role" for the first ability is obviously pretty open-ended, but gives you some control over how broad/narrow you'd like their help to be. The Skilled ability is a pretty light bonus, so I don't think it will break anything to go relatively broad.
A scout would help when you Undertake a Journey, or sneak into position.
A hunter would help when you Resupply, or when tracking a creature.
A seer would help channel the spirits when you perform rituals.
A skalde would help ingratiate yourself with the locals when you Sojourn, or when you Compel with +heart.
etc.
In short, if it makes sense in the fiction, take the bonus.
As with any companion, if you leverage their aid and roll a 1 on your move die, the outcome should impact/affect your companion.
Edit: Oops! Should be +4 on their health track. I"ll get that sorted later.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QVa8ljkm_rhqvPQ_2g05ULvklUyS49uK
Makes a lot of sense.
ReplyDeleteI like it. I've been contemplating how to write up Corinna when the time comes and this seems to fit the bill nicely. A little bit of combat, general moral support, and a variable specialty allows the asset to cover a lot of ground.
ReplyDelete