Well, this isn't a brain blast, however.
Well, this isn't a brain blast, however... I'm writing down my solo AP. Actually, I'm playing on my PC, half screen with Google Drive doc, half screen with PDF book, for easy reference. My "character sheet" is located on the lowest part of the document, so it keeps following me when I write down the story.
Now, how to track the ticks? Admittedly, this is the more "difficult" part in my "play style".
Here's the solution. I keep those unicode symbols in my sheet, so I can easily copy/paste them when I need them. I can easily track the ticks, and I keep self contained the single "advancement boxes", for a quick count if I need it.
Symbols: ੦◔◑◕⏺
Example Vow: ⏺⏺◔ ੦੦੦ ੦੦੦ ੦
SIde note: incidentally, they remind me the AW clocks :D
Now, how to track the ticks? Admittedly, this is the more "difficult" part in my "play style".
Here's the solution. I keep those unicode symbols in my sheet, so I can easily copy/paste them when I need them. I can easily track the ticks, and I keep self contained the single "advancement boxes", for a quick count if I need it.
Symbols: ੦◔◑◕⏺
Example Vow: ⏺⏺◔ ੦੦੦ ੦੦੦ ੦
SIde note: incidentally, they remind me the AW clocks :D
I was using O for empty, - for 1 tick, + for 2, * for 3, and # for full. Most because it's pretty easy on a regular keyboard
ReplyDeleteI'm enjoying the "Substitute this with that" option that you can find in Google Docs (also, in Word and other word processors). So, when I write /\- and go on with a space key, it turns those symbols in ★. When I write O> it becomes ➲, and so on. I created all the "shortcuts" useful for my RpGs, and now I can type cool symbols with no efforts 😃
ReplyDeleteHowever, - + * # it's almost cool enough. It has that Hack roguelike game feeling!
Andrea Parducci That you connected those with Hack is dating both or us ;)
ReplyDelete