[EDITED: See bottom] I'm not sure how to interpret the graph.
The X axis says "Bonus" and I originally thought it meant the added stat and eventual "adds", but if that was the case the 0 would mean a 100% miss (a natural 1 on the action die with no stats and adds (as unlikely as it is) is never greater than either of the challenge dice) and that's not what your graph says.
Can you enlighten me? I'm feeling like I'm missing something obvious.
[EDIT] Ok got it now. Had to recreate the simulation. It's random rolls with that bonus added. Sorry if I wasted your time.
neuzd You got it! Sorry if the axis weren't clear enough, but yeah, it's the percentage of the different results based on the bonus you add to the action die.
You inspired me to chart this for further study, here are my takeaways:
Without any stat or adds, you have a tiny chance of a strong hit. At +1, the odds are in your favour. At +2, you're more likely to get a weak hit than a miss. At +3, you're more likely to get a strong hit than to miss. At +4, you're more likely to get a strong hit than a weak hit. At +5, you have a tiny chance of a miss. At +9, you become an infallible god. docs.google.com - Ironsworn Probabilities
[EDITED: See bottom]
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure how to interpret the graph.
The X axis says "Bonus" and I originally thought it meant the added stat and eventual "adds", but if that was the case the 0 would mean a 100% miss (a natural 1 on the action die with no stats and adds (as unlikely as it is) is never greater than either of the challenge dice) and that's not what your graph says.
Can you enlighten me? I'm feeling like I'm missing something obvious.
[EDIT]
Ok got it now. Had to recreate the simulation.
It's random rolls with that bonus added.
Sorry if I wasted your time.
neuzd You got it! Sorry if the axis weren't clear enough, but yeah, it's the percentage of the different results based on the bonus you add to the action die.
ReplyDeleteI need to learn how to use anydice.com - AnyDice better so I can graph these up for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI can't stop looking at this sweet nexus:
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/G2OqXm4wuyEgEmrxCQUVzMj5nbEAyTWurI1zcJHxCH9Z5snvSU8vcgiqIrxsqjkEwfxKKj6xp9sJ8FZoFJdA5qS8bR83_ok8C6L9=s0
You inspired me to chart this for further study, here are my takeaways:
ReplyDeleteWithout any stat or adds, you have a tiny chance of a strong hit.
At +1, the odds are in your favour.
At +2, you're more likely to get a weak hit than a miss.
At +3, you're more likely to get a strong hit than to miss.
At +4, you're more likely to get a strong hit than a weak hit.
At +5, you have a tiny chance of a miss.
At +9, you become an infallible god.
docs.google.com - Ironsworn Probabilities