This is a neat idea that might fit with the "social combat" discussions we've had recently. Kiyomi McFarlane et al.

This is a neat idea that might fit with the "social combat" discussions we've had recently. Kiyomi McFarlane et al.

Originally shared by Paul Drury

I am putting together some ideas for playing non combat encounters and creating a collection.

Here is the first article and it will definitely not be the last. Please share this.

http://jonwake.blogspot.com/2018/08/the-social-crawl-part-1.html

Comments

  1. Jeremiah Wenneker Justin Gordon Goblins Henchman Paul Drury ... sorry if I forgot anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty interesting ideas/mechanics. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to prefer Technoir's Transmission system for this. Well worth a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martin Bentley do you have a link to Technoir?

    ReplyDelete
  5. drivethrurpg.com - Technoir

    Not too interested in supporting it since I backed it and the author bailed, sold out to another company, and left the KS backers hanging...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaron Stockser: Ah, did not know about that. Really sucks, because it has some good ideas in it. :(

    Paul Drury: There is a good explanation of how it all works in this post: projects.inklesspen.com - FATAL & Friends — Technoir
    You can get enough to use it based on that, and the free Transmission that was released.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Martin Bentley thank you for the link. Technoir looks like it may have some good ideas about setting up non-combat encounters and/or resolving them. I will take a good look at this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment