One thing I really like in some of the RPGs books that I have read, is the Touchstones/inspiration page, citing...
One thing I really like in some of the RPGs books that I have read, is the Touchstones/inspiration page, citing music, books, movies, series, videogames... that relate to the game.
If you were to create one for Ironsworn, what would you include?
Music:
Wardruna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyzGRbbha3E
Heilung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrIUrsCMfQg
The Witcher 3 OST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLSdl-CdOBo
Videogames:
The witcher 3
Other RPGs:
Symbaroum (the lore as kind of the same feeling, IMO)
Which ones would be yours?
If you were to create one for Ironsworn, what would you include?
Music:
Wardruna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyzGRbbha3E
Heilung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrIUrsCMfQg
The Witcher 3 OST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLSdl-CdOBo
Videogames:
The witcher 3
Other RPGs:
Symbaroum (the lore as kind of the same feeling, IMO)
Which ones would be yours?
Danheim. I almost can't even PLAY without one of their albums going.
ReplyDeleteMusic: Garmarna. For me, this clip wonderfully reflects Ironsworn: youtube.com - Garmarna - Herr Mannelig
ReplyDeleteAlso Eivør Pálsdóttir: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsl-KHGe4Kk
Video games: Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves (check it, it's free on Steam!); Banner Saga; Expeditions: Viking; Mount&Blade (especially Vaegir faction); Skyrim; Gothic III (especially Nordmar);
Other RPGs: Sagas of the Icelanders
Jarosław Daniel Dang it, now I feel guilty for not playing VIDEO GAMES I own, to go along with RPGs I own... gotta check out Mount & Blade sometime. Got that free from Good Old Games awhile ago, haven't even downloaded it yet.
ReplyDeleteDan Davis I spent probably hundreds of hours with Mount&Blade, beginning from some beta version in 2006 (it was called Way of the Sword then), and never regret any of this time :)
ReplyDeleteI'm not up to date with all new features, but even then the game enabled rise from single person with rusty sword to the person who controls several cities, castles and villages (the feel of seeing your banner flowing over those...) and is treated with respect with all lords and even kings in the realm, both friends and enemies. All this in very realistic manner, without any magic or even healing potions.