What in-game effect does a Wright's Specialty have on the abilities the Asset provides?

What in-game effect does a Wright's Specialty have on the abilities the Asset provides? It seems like none, but it shouldn't it? Compare to the Devotant Asset, for example.

Also, for typical two-sided printing, it would be easier to intersperse pages with card fronts and pages with card backs.

Comments

  1. The specialty affects what you create or repair. A shipwright would be doing different stuff than a leatherworker, for example. It isn't keyed to a stat ala Devotant. It is flavor, but has an obvious (big) impact on the fiction.

    Good point re: two-sided printing. I hadn't even really considered two-sided printing when I added the backs, and was just trying to make it easy for folks to avoid printing out the backs entirely if they didn't want them (which I saw as the more typical scenario). I'll perhaps suss out a separate version of the file, or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seconding the request for alternating card fronts and backs for printing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeremy Downey and Bill Andel .. I've added a new file with alternating fronts/backs for two-sided printing. Grab the "Vol 1 + Backs" version.

    ironswornrpg.com - Ironsworn RPG - Downloads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean, one final suggestion - if you're ever planning on offering Asset cards POD, a standard deck usually consists of 54 cards. That would imply you should include 9 additional cards (one sheet) in each Asset volume.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Bill. Volume 2 will have 9 assets, but I'm considering holding off on POD until I'm able to include Volumes 1-3. I need to look into pricing and see if it's reasonable for folks to purchase small packs.I suspect (especially with shipping) it might end up with a poor cost vs value ratio, but it would be nice to get Volume 1 out there as POD and then follow-up with 2 and 3.

    I'll let folks know once it's further along.

    Edit: To clarify one point .. My intent is not to build up Ironsworn core to 100+ assets. That can get super overwhelming for players, and the idea is to cover most of the tropes and allow for some cool combos within a manageable set. Future volumes will be more like booster packs. Expansions such as Sojourn will flesh things out further.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment