I've been doing a bit more co-op play lately and ran into a rule question.
I've been doing a bit more co-op play lately and ran into a rule question. Regarding Aid your Ally being used in concert with certain Assets that give a bonus to Momentum when Securing an Advantage. Specifically, who gets the extra +1 Momentum?
Example:
A PC with the Ranger Path makes the Aid your Ally move by scouting ahead using his knowledge of woodcraft and then relaying information back to an Ally about the road ahead. Assume a Strong Hit. The alley then gets +2 Momentum from the Aid your Alley move. All good so far.
Question 1:
Does the Aid your Ally move still count as Securing an Advantage for the purpose of the benefits from the Ranger Path? -- The +1 on the action die roll and the +1 Momentum on a hit. I would say yes, because of the wording of Aid your Ally (i.e. When you Secure an Advantage in direct support of an ally . . .)
Question 2:
Who gets the additional +1 Momentum granted by the Ranger Path asset? The Ranger who made the roll or the Ally who was receiving the benefit of the move?
Example:
A PC with the Ranger Path makes the Aid your Ally move by scouting ahead using his knowledge of woodcraft and then relaying information back to an Ally about the road ahead. Assume a Strong Hit. The alley then gets +2 Momentum from the Aid your Alley move. All good so far.
Question 1:
Does the Aid your Ally move still count as Securing an Advantage for the purpose of the benefits from the Ranger Path? -- The +1 on the action die roll and the +1 Momentum on a hit. I would say yes, because of the wording of Aid your Ally (i.e. When you Secure an Advantage in direct support of an ally . . .)
Question 2:
Who gets the additional +1 Momentum granted by the Ranger Path asset? The Ranger who made the roll or the Ally who was receiving the benefit of the move?
📍
ReplyDeleteQuestion 1: Yes
ReplyDeleteQuestion 2: Your Ally
Relevant text from the book: "If you have an asset which gives you any additional benefits on the outcome of a Secure an Advantage move, your ally also takes those benefits (instead of you)."
That text might not be in earlier drafts. I've lost the thread on that :)
Hope that helps!
Shawn Tomkin, thank you as always.
ReplyDeleteIt helps! :-)
Jeremiah Wenneker Any new play reports fiction? I'm really hoping for few more...
ReplyDeleteR K, I've noticed your appreciation, thank you for reading. It is meaningful to me other enjoy these stories. And yes, I'm a few chapters ahead now and just haven't gotten to the editing. They will be a new one up on a few hours. Thank you again.
ReplyDelete