Just a random thought for the day.
Just a random thought for the day... I just realized that it would take nothing to reskin Ironsworn as a Samurai game. You could if you wanted to rename a few things sword->Katana, giant->Oni, etc but really there is no reason that the Ironlands had to be colonized by not-samurai as by not-vikings. But really one could still use the word sword and see a katana, wakizashi or jian instead of an ulfberht. Samurai were concerned with promises and honor which maps well to iron vows. Even the available rituals work pretty much as is for a fantasy orient as well as they do for a northern European base.
Nothing really to say there but that it occurred to me and I'm not seeing anything that would steer you wrong.
Edit: I guess changing the name tables would be a thing but really what else would you have to modify.
Nothing really to say there but that it occurred to me and I'm not seeing anything that would steer you wrong.
Edit: I guess changing the name tables would be a thing but really what else would you have to modify.
Heck, you could leverage the random generators from Scarlet Heroes to replace the more thematic parts of Ironsworn
ReplyDeleteThe Kueh are basically samurai after all.