Some Ironsworn updates!

Some Ironsworn updates!
The Ironsworn Lodestar quick reference guide and print-on-demand asset cards are getting finalized and will be available in September.
Lodestar (see preview below) will be a 34-page booklet available in PDF and print-on-demand. It will contain mechanics summaries, character creation, moves, oracles (plus a bonus oracle), new art, and more. I hope that it will be perfect as a table reference that is a bit slicker than current print-and-play materials, or as a convention game handout.
Errata for the Ironsworn rulebook seems to be (thankfully) minimal. I'll be updating the downloads and DriveThruRPG page with the latest PDF's in September.
Thanks for the continued support!
I think the initiative language would work better if it was standardized across all entries. The most clear entry is on Strike in the photo above: "You retain initiative" vs. "[you] lose initiative".
ReplyDeleteClash states "your foe has initiative", which may not be correct in a battle with two or more PCs. Since it's the PCs that do or do not have initiative, not the foes, PC A may lose initiative vs. the foe, but PC B may have initiative vs. the same foe.
That cover photo looks amazing. Definitely looking forward to this book!
ReplyDeleteWhat’s the bonus oracle all about?
ReplyDeleteGeek Gamers it's an oracle for npc disposition, designed to let you set the initial tone of an encounter with a character.
ReplyDeleteShawn Tomkin some RPG lovers I know say that the "random attitude table" (which I believe is something similar to this oracle) is the most powerful and useful tool in RPG :-)
ReplyDeleteI may be able to sneak these in for the Furnace convention in October when I run for a table of up to six Ironsworn. :)
ReplyDeleteCANNOT WAIT
ReplyDeleteGO YOU GOOD THING
Great - I'm holding off getting the rulebook in print until this reference guide is ready as well (I assume available from rpgthru as well?)
ReplyDeleteSame
ReplyDeleteYes, Per Fischer. It'll be available via DriveThruRPG. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteAny news on that?
ReplyDeleteHi, R K. The Lodestar booklet and asset cards will be available this month. It'll be 2-3 weeks, I suspect. Thanks for asking!
ReplyDeleteShawn Tomkin - I've got my trigger finger on the hardcover purchase (but probably can't wait for Lodestar), should I hold off for the Errata update?
ReplyDeleteHi, Matt Horam. Unfortunately updating print versions with errata on DriveThruRPG isn't possible without pulling the book off sale for a few weeks -- which I'd prefer not to do. However, the errata is pretty light and I don't think impacts the book much. There's a couple of minor text edits and an issue with three oracle table entries. You can view the current errata here:
ReplyDeletedrive.google.com - Ironsworn-Errata.pdf
Shawn Tomkin Double-good news, as that means I can just order it now, and I was reading the extended example this week and wondering about the horse assets so YES YES!
ReplyDeleteCoolio, Matt Horam. Thanks for your support!
ReplyDelete