Shawn Tomkin I'm guessing you've already discussed this elsewhere, but I haven't seen it.

Shawn Tomkin I'm guessing you've already discussed this elsewhere, but I haven't seen it.

What made you decide to use fixed-length progress tracks with varying-intensity progress (varying numbers of ticks), rather than the [perhaps] more intuitive fixed-intensity progress and varying-length tracks?

It's the only slightly puzzling bit to me

Comments

  1. Probably because you roll 2d10 and compare each dice with number of checked boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addramyr Palinor duh thanks! I still haven't gotten around to actually playing, just world building and backstory, so I've let slip my memory of action resolution options, which are pretty unique to Ironsworn at that! (Being able to gamble a finishing move vs only bludgeoning an enemy to death with absolute certainty via hit points/whatever they're called in most systems)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick Carter .. yeah, basically it's a way to compress the scale into the 1-10 range. I am sure there are more elegant ways to deal with it, but I find marking ticks in boxes oddly satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered that myself until I realised it related to the d10 rolls. Then, upon realising that, I see it's actually a very clever little system. Otherwise you'd have to translate all the progress rolls to something else, but this way you get to keep the same system for progress rolls and regular rolls.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment