The Ironsworn System Reference Document (SRD) is now online.
The Ironsworn System Reference Document (SRD) is now online.
http://bit.ly/Ironsworn-srd
There are probably some cut-and-paste goofs, which is why this is version .08. This was a rather laborious process, and I'll be giving it a once-over in the coming days. If you catch something, feel free to let me know.
What the heck is this thing?
The Ironsworn SRD includes all of the basic Ironsworn mechanics, character creation, moves, and a few other bits. It is essentially Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, and portions of the NPC and Oracle Chapters from the Ironsworn rulebook, excised of setting references.
What is it for?
The Ironsworn SRD is offered under a more open license than the other Ironsworn materials, thus allowing for commercial use. If you want to leverage the text or mechanics to make your own game, go nuts. The only requirement is that you reference Ironsworn wherever you put copyright information. See the SRD for license details.
Also, I hope that having this content in a simple, editable format will make it easier if you are creating your own Ironsworn reference materials.
This is not intended as a replacement or alternative for the Ironsworn rulebook. If you are learning the game, you're probably better off there.
What about the images?
The illustrations included in the SRD (for example, dice examples) are also provided in their source format under the same open license. See the SRD for a link.
Why a Google Document?
My goal is to make the text readily editable and usable, and I think this format is a good fit. It's not pretty, but it gets the job done.
You can save your own editable version of this document by making a copy (file/make a copy).
If anyone wants to create a navigable HTML version or some other format using this material, you are of course welcome to do so.
What if I need something not included in this SRD?
If you have something specific that you think should be part of the SRD, let me know. However, at this stage I don't have any plans to include NPC's, world information, the extended information in Chapter 7, or the assets. All of that text is available under the share-alike, non-commercial license. See https://www.ironswornrpg.com/licensing for details.
http://bit.ly/Ironsworn-srd
There are probably some cut-and-paste goofs, which is why this is version .08. This was a rather laborious process, and I'll be giving it a once-over in the coming days. If you catch something, feel free to let me know.
What the heck is this thing?
The Ironsworn SRD includes all of the basic Ironsworn mechanics, character creation, moves, and a few other bits. It is essentially Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, and portions of the NPC and Oracle Chapters from the Ironsworn rulebook, excised of setting references.
What is it for?
The Ironsworn SRD is offered under a more open license than the other Ironsworn materials, thus allowing for commercial use. If you want to leverage the text or mechanics to make your own game, go nuts. The only requirement is that you reference Ironsworn wherever you put copyright information. See the SRD for license details.
Also, I hope that having this content in a simple, editable format will make it easier if you are creating your own Ironsworn reference materials.
This is not intended as a replacement or alternative for the Ironsworn rulebook. If you are learning the game, you're probably better off there.
What about the images?
The illustrations included in the SRD (for example, dice examples) are also provided in their source format under the same open license. See the SRD for a link.
Why a Google Document?
My goal is to make the text readily editable and usable, and I think this format is a good fit. It's not pretty, but it gets the job done.
You can save your own editable version of this document by making a copy (file/make a copy).
If anyone wants to create a navigable HTML version or some other format using this material, you are of course welcome to do so.
What if I need something not included in this SRD?
If you have something specific that you think should be part of the SRD, let me know. However, at this stage I don't have any plans to include NPC's, world information, the extended information in Chapter 7, or the assets. All of that text is available under the share-alike, non-commercial license. See https://www.ironswornrpg.com/licensing for details.
The SRD isn't under the Non-commercial license? Exciting!
ReplyDeleteShawn Tomkin looks fantastic. Will there be an Assets section? Are your official Assets covered by the same license “How to credit” ?
ReplyDeleteMick Hand at the end of the post he mentions assets are share-alike non-commercial
ReplyDeleteThanks for the file, Shawn Tomkin! I'll get back to working on the translation I started a while ago.
ReplyDeleteHell ya! Thank you for this. Now, I need to figure out in which setting I want to make a game based on Ironsworn... mmmmm so many
ReplyDeletepossibilities.
📍 For later
ReplyDeleteThank you for this, Shawn Tomkin! The hack I've been putting together may only be 30% Ironsworn when all is said and done, but the d6 vs 2d10 is my favorite version of the PBtA mechanic by far!
ReplyDeleteHey Shawn Tomkin - I'm just using the SRD to hack together a web tool for myself, and noticed the Endure Stress table has a few wrong numbers - otherwise looking pretty great!
ReplyDeleteCORRECTION: it just has the wrong entry for 26-50. Easy.