Good morning!
Good morning!
I'm currently brainstorming a super-hero hack for Ironsworn, and would like some input from the community.
Superheroics is basically character driven drama with ridiculous outfits and super powers, so vows and bonds can be imported as is. But how would you handle powers? Would they be reskinned assets? Purely narrative? Something else?
I'm currently brainstorming a super-hero hack for Ironsworn, and would like some input from the community.
Superheroics is basically character driven drama with ridiculous outfits and super powers, so vows and bonds can be imported as is. But how would you handle powers? Would they be reskinned assets? Purely narrative? Something else?
It depends on the power level, I guess. I would have them as assets of some description.
ReplyDeleteI would be inclined to handle it as assets, mostly because I think ala carte assets would be a cool way to build a supers character. Ironman would have Mogul, Gadgeteeer, and Armored for example. Different power levels could interact, maybe with some scale rules to enforce a bit more mechanical heft. Some sort of reputation track would be appropriate as well.
ReplyDeleteWorlds in Peril is a wonderful PbtA Supers game you might be able to hack for mechanics as well
ReplyDeleteHere is a first prototype for a Power Stunt move:
ReplyDeletePerform a Power Stunt
When you use one of your powers in a novel way, (reset your momentum if it is positive / mark a condition / some other cost?). Then, envision how it emulates a power you currently do not have and roll + (appropriate stat).
On a Strong hit, you do it: Perform a move using the desired power.
On a Weak hit, as above, but it is costly. Pay the Price.
On a miss, you are unable to do it and face a dire consequence. Pay the Price.
I'm not really sure what should be the costs. Any input is appreciated!
João Pires: failure could mean jeopardizing Relationships.
ReplyDeleteperhaps your (failed) display of power horrifies an ally. they now fear you.
or they don't fear you but they saw you fail and have less confidence in you.
or perhaps you accidentally physically hurt the ally or one of the ally's friends. or caused destruction.
an ally could declare themselves an enemy.
Is this supers homebrew getting cataloged on any of the other Ironsworn forums?
ReplyDelete