Had my first two sessions with the family on the weekend, and although they were fragmented and hurried, we got...
Had my first two sessions with the family on the weekend, and although they were fragmented and hurried, we got somewhere. The first session was co-op, the second was a single player and me as more of a rules guide than a GM. The only real mistake I made with the rules was to fail to convert Secure an Advantage into Aid an Ally (because the action was directly intended to release the grip of a Kelder Tree who had another of our number trapped). Wife, kids and daughter's boyfriend grasped the notion of the action-vs-challenge-equals-strong/weak/miss very quickly and the session the morning after with my 8yo worked really well, because her imagination is fresh and uncluttered.
Biggest problem: I was so busy helping everyone get the rules/moves/ideas that I forgot to have my character do anything at all. Next time will be better.
Biggest problem: I was so busy helping everyone get the rules/moves/ideas that I forgot to have my character do anything at all. Next time will be better.
Comments
Post a Comment