“Roleplaying is a way for humans to interact with our deep, hidden mythological selves.

“Roleplaying is a way for humans to interact with our deep, hidden mythological selves. They are a way to feed our souls.” — Greg Stafford

Greg Stafford was a genius game designer. Pendragon is a staggering work. Prince Valiant was way ahead of its time. Glorantha is probably the richest RPG setting ever devised.

Very sad loss for the RPG community.

Comments

  1. Oh, no, terrible news! I actually was paging through the original edition of Prince Valiant just last week, seeing how things had changed from, what, 1982? You're right, it's quite impressive and held up pretty well. I haven't read the new edition yet; I'll have to put that on the never-ending list of RPGs I just like to read and never play...

    But Pendragon is a beast unto itself. That's a STUDY; the depth is daunting! So sad to hear this. Tomorrow I will be stuck in a car for a few hours; time to pull out King of Dragon Pass and finally really sit down to play it. What a prolific designer. Thank goodness he found his way back to Chaosium. They have a beautiful post in memoriam on the site: chaosium.com - Vale Greg Stafford (1948 - 2018)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment