I was just playing solo as a test run for my campaign next week, and hit a question which may have been asked before...

I was just playing solo as a test run for my campaign next week, and hit a question which may have been asked before (sorry, I searched and couldn't find anything): If you earn +1 momentum on a weak hit for a certain move, but burn your current momentum to make it strong hit, do you gain the new momentum post-reset, or is it burned along with your current? I guess the real question is if earned momentum is always applied post-move...

Comments

  1. If you accept the weak hit you can't use the just gained momentum to turn it into a strong hit, as you already established it was a weak hit.
    If you burned momentum to make it a strong hit, the Strong Hit benefits would apply after momentum burning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eduardo H Schaeffer Sorry, I might need to clarify: When do you actually add new momentum, is it always after the resolution of the move, including burn&reset? I used the example of weak to show me earning new, and the upgrade to strong to show me burning old, but I wasn't sure where the new momentum landed, chronologically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, apply the momentum reward after you burn momentum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shawn Tomkin Thanks! Everything else went really well. No prep, ended up escaping from a hunter's snare before tracking a pack of them to where they were drugging a wild gaunt, just stealth-killed the leader to send a message and I'm trying to plan my next move around using my momentum because I'm greatly outnumbered and I want the gaunt to get away before the poison drops it. Yay!

    Thanks to you and Eduardo H Schaeffer, I now know that momentum earned in a move can never be burned on the same move. I guess I was lost in the idea of the burn sitting in a limbo between what you rolled naturally and your final result. Derp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an awesome start, Matt Horam . Let me know how things go with your group.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment