Quick question and probably a dumb one, but there's a language barier for me so please pardon: when should I...

Quick question and probably a dumb one, but there's a language barier for me so please pardon: when should I actually endure harm? On every miss in Clash/Face Danger? I thought so, but I can't find it anywhere and the example play seems to suggest using endure harm when it makes sense in a fiction (as oppose to adjusting the fiction to the mechanical result)

Comments

  1. Endure Harm when you take physical damage. Not every miss of Clash/Face Danger is going to cause physical damage. Sometimes you might lose tactical position, sometimes your N/PC ally might get hurt, your objective slips out of reach, etc etc. And in reverse: just recently I failed a Journey roll so badly I Endured Harm for probably breaking my character's ankle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh McGraw has a great answer here. Not much to add. Endure Harm when it's a natural outcome of what is happening in the fiction, but you make make fights more interesting by having your opponent act in ways that make the situation more dramatic and dangerous (other than just hacking at you with their sword). This also lets you spread the "damage" in a fight across other status tracks, such as momentum and spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment