Two quick questions, I've read over the rules and maybe I missed it but here they are:

Two quick questions, I've read over the rules and maybe I missed it but here they are:

1. Is there a way to remove the Maimed condition? I don't really need it for this character because they are Battle Scarred but I would like to know.

2. Can a Stat be reduced to 0?
Narrative Reasons:
I was curious because my character was Maimed by a Varou, which in my version of the Iron lands are flavored as having a Lycanthrope somewhere in their blood line hence the Blood call. So my idea was that my character was inflicted with something reducing Edge to 0 but enhancing their senses and pack like nature increasing their Heart and Wits.

Comments

  1. Hi John Murray, welcome to the community.

    Strictly by the rules:
    1)Bane debilities are permanent and cannot be removed(page 38). Also, when you create a character, they don't have any debilities.

    2)They can be reduced to 0. Currently, the stats can only be changed through assets, and usually there's a heavy requirement or drawback for acquiring those.

    Now, these are just the rules. In the end of the day, this is your world and if you want to add a lycanthropy mechanic or start a character with the Maimed debility, then nothing stops you from doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giorgos Ch.
    Awesome! Thanks for the welcome and quick response!

    I was thinking that any sort of Lycanthropy my character may or may not develop will all be done via assets and flavoring them certain ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John Murray A custom Lycanthrope asset would be super cool! Nudge nudge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, John Murray! Going by the Battle-Scarred asset, you can reduce your Edge or Iron to 0 (if it was at 1 to begin with) by selecting the 1st ability. As others have noted, it's not an asset meant for a new character, but I've seen play reports where folks gravitate to it for some reason. If you wanted to mark maimed to start, it won't break anything--but, by the rules, you can't unmark it down the road.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment