Hi !
Hi !
So... where do I start ?
Hum... ok. Well, yesterday I was quite a bit hyped with how to make a "Sling" asset. I have to admit that it is my ultmost defeat. Like a pair of 10 on the challenge dices and a crappy 1 on the action die. I just can't fathom how to balance a "combat talent".
But, in my pathetic attempt to make it, I envisionned some other assets. I submit them there to get the help of the community at making them more balanced, smooth or "ironswornable".
BLOOD-MADNESS (RAGE/BERSERKER/… ?)
When Wounded …
O Clouded by your murderous intents. When you Strike or Clash, you inflict +1 harm. In this state, if you win, you do not spare your foe.
O Pain feels good … When you Endure Harm gain +1 momentum, if you are also Maimed gain +2 instead.
O You become blinded by your rage. You cannot choose Face Danger or Secure an Advantage in combat, when you Strike or Clash, add+1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.
TRAPPING
O When you make a trap Secure an Advantage +shadow. On a strong hit, the trap will inflict 1 harm. On a weak hit, as above, but you have to spend -1 supply. To lure your foe on the trap you need to Face Danger +shadow.
O As above, but you can spend -2 supplies to inflict +1 harm (can spend twice)
O As above, but instead of harming your foe, you can hinder his movement. For each harm inflicted take+2 momentum instead, when the trap activate.
I will be honest, the "Trapping" one does not suit me at all, but I like the idea of laying traps, and I wanted something to use supply volontary on. Moreover, I read somewhere here (and I can't really disagree at the moment) that the SHADOW stat is quite under-used. So I wanted to have something to use for a sneaky bastard.
MARROW HUNGER
When Tormented ….
O When you End the Fight, if you succeed at defeating your foe, eat a part of it flesh to satisfy you hunger. Gain +1 health or cure a wounded condition. You can further gain +1 health if you let loose your instinct and suffer -1 spirit.
O Outside a fight, when you eat some fresh flesh, take +1 momentum or add +1 on you next move (except a relationship move).
O When you Compel to threaten someone, your insanity is noticeable. You can roll on +Spirit instead and take +1 momentum on a hit.
BOOZE ENTHUSIAST
O When drinking for socializing (Sojourn, Forge a Bond) add +1 and take 1 momentum on a hit.
O When you Face Danger +heart (courage, willpower, …), you can choose to take a sip : suffer -1 supply and add +2 [ maybe reroll instead ?]
O You can Draw the Circle to challenge somebody to a drinking contest (do not resolve the boast). When you resove the contest by Battle +heart, you can disregard your health to win : add +1 and suffer -1 harm.
So... where do I start ?
Hum... ok. Well, yesterday I was quite a bit hyped with how to make a "Sling" asset. I have to admit that it is my ultmost defeat. Like a pair of 10 on the challenge dices and a crappy 1 on the action die. I just can't fathom how to balance a "combat talent".
But, in my pathetic attempt to make it, I envisionned some other assets. I submit them there to get the help of the community at making them more balanced, smooth or "ironswornable".
BLOOD-MADNESS (RAGE/BERSERKER/… ?)
When Wounded …
O Clouded by your murderous intents. When you Strike or Clash, you inflict +1 harm. In this state, if you win, you do not spare your foe.
O Pain feels good … When you Endure Harm gain +1 momentum, if you are also Maimed gain +2 instead.
O You become blinded by your rage. You cannot choose Face Danger or Secure an Advantage in combat, when you Strike or Clash, add+1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.
TRAPPING
O When you make a trap Secure an Advantage +shadow. On a strong hit, the trap will inflict 1 harm. On a weak hit, as above, but you have to spend -1 supply. To lure your foe on the trap you need to Face Danger +shadow.
O As above, but you can spend -2 supplies to inflict +1 harm (can spend twice)
O As above, but instead of harming your foe, you can hinder his movement. For each harm inflicted take+2 momentum instead, when the trap activate.
I will be honest, the "Trapping" one does not suit me at all, but I like the idea of laying traps, and I wanted something to use supply volontary on. Moreover, I read somewhere here (and I can't really disagree at the moment) that the SHADOW stat is quite under-used. So I wanted to have something to use for a sneaky bastard.
MARROW HUNGER
When Tormented ….
O When you End the Fight, if you succeed at defeating your foe, eat a part of it flesh to satisfy you hunger. Gain +1 health or cure a wounded condition. You can further gain +1 health if you let loose your instinct and suffer -1 spirit.
O Outside a fight, when you eat some fresh flesh, take +1 momentum or add +1 on you next move (except a relationship move).
O When you Compel to threaten someone, your insanity is noticeable. You can roll on +Spirit instead and take +1 momentum on a hit.
BOOZE ENTHUSIAST
O When drinking for socializing (Sojourn, Forge a Bond) add +1 and take 1 momentum on a hit.
O When you Face Danger +heart (courage, willpower, …), you can choose to take a sip : suffer -1 supply and add +2 [ maybe reroll instead ?]
O You can Draw the Circle to challenge somebody to a drinking contest (do not resolve the boast). When you resove the contest by Battle +heart, you can disregard your health to win : add +1 and suffer -1 harm.
Huh ? where do my italics went ?
ReplyDeleteI really dig the sling idea, a cheap reliable ranged light weapon.
ReplyDelete📍
ReplyDeleteAndrea Parducci, I don't get your smiley, but I'll take it as a good omen.
ReplyDeleteAnother idea for those who have the feeling with tinkering combat talent assets. An Iron Chain. Seems fit the theme for me and can bring some funny pro/con in asset's bonuses. I think...
(that's a Pin, I use it often when I need to follow a G+ thread but I have nothing intelligent to say at the moment 😃). I use " /sub " alternately, but sometime I got bad replies like "Ehi, what you mean with "sub"? Sub-standard? Sub-normal?"...
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of slings. I actually just made a slinger asset, partially because I saw your previous posts and it got me thinking about it. I got some feedback for it over on the discord and here's what I eventually came up with.
ReplyDeleteI also really love that idea for a berserker sort of asset!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/XNnfQOTS-MMx-SQOizHVw9g-GBY8j-2L1wsCu_Skt1Ulyc1EhNtksNR8yI4U3W-uu3bCAkA1RHozYHgRi91Fa6_ZJlATNJUSxbs=s0
That seems fair and balanced.
ReplyDeleteLiam Moher Whoa ! I don't really agree with the idea that the sling could be a non lethal weapon initialy but, indeed, it seems well balanced.
ReplyDeleteBut, more importantly, HOW DO YOU MAKE THE CARD ???!
Pretty please !
;-)
Geoffrey VENTURINI I was a little on the fence about making it non-lethal by default. I asked for opinions on that and got a kind of mixed response. I know they can be very deadly, and I was sort of hoping that the wording would be vague enough so that they could still be treated as deadly by default without taking too much away from the asset. Not sure how successful I was at that though.
ReplyDeleteAs for the card, I basically went into Photoshop, saved out a copy of one of the existing cards, then brought that into Indesign where I spent way too long trying to get everything to more-or-less match up. The headers are using the wrong font because I don't have access to the one on the official cards.
So basically I had to do it by hand, which I might not recommend unless you're obsessive about that kind of thing, which I sometimes can be.
I would LOVE to get my hands on an official template though, so that I could make theses and know they're formatted correctly, instead of just "probably good enough" which is what I did.
Sorry for the huge wall of text for answer!
Liam Moher Thank you for your answer ! Don"t mind it I love walls of words !
ReplyDeleteYeah, I understand, I'm quite obsessive about that kind of thing myself, but I think I'll pass for this time. in my opinion, you've done well enough ! Indeed, an official template would make things easier...
To me, your slinger is usable (and I probably will) as it is, but I would have liked some specific mecanism for the second ranged weapon...
Should I go to the discord to have some feedback about the ones I've done ?
Geoffrey VENTURINI Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI find the discord to be a little more active than here, but if you want to go there for feedback that's totally up to you.
When you say a specific mechanism what do you mean? A feature which doesn't rely on already existing moves? I've tried that with other custom assets (which I'd like to upload soon) and it can get very hard to fit on a card.
Liam Moher Hello. Sorry for the delay (work work)
ReplyDeleteI'll go take a look at the discord channel so !
Yes, you understood exactly what I meant ! Of course, we touch the physical limit of the card format when we try some news things ... got the same problem.
Upload your stuff man ! ;-D