I looked back through the archives a bit, but didn't see what I thought would be a recommendation for inspirational...

I looked back through the archives a bit, but didn't see what I thought would be a recommendation for inspirational reading for Ironsworn... I just started listening to the audiobook version of Patrick Rothfuss' 'The Name of the Wind' (book 1 of The Kingkiller Chronicles), and I can't get it out of my head now as I continue to read my hardcover of Ironsworn this evening! I put off reading that book for far too long, it seems.

Comments

  1. Musical inspiration: youtube.com - Rohan and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eHkjPCGXKQ

    Literary inspiration: Beowulf, LotR (especially Rohan), Abhorsen.

    Other RPG inspiration: Darkening of Mirkwood, Pendragon Grand Campaign, Torchbearer modules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest Bernard Cornwell's The Warlord Chronicles, 5 books that I love. In short, the Arthurian Legends totally reinterpreted in an historical view. No shiny plate mails, no huge stone castles, no flashy magic, but fast, almost unarmored warriors, Motte and Bailey castles, druid's fear and respect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan of the Winter of the Worlds series by Michael Scott Rohan, the map is almost the same and similar setting feel. Book two of Rothfuss is like an extended dragged out version of Hogwarts. Could not finish it, but you may like it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment