So I've started my first solo game.
So I've started my first solo game.
During a perilous journey I got waylaid by a severe snowstorm.
I immediately written a track for "beating" the storm but I've noticed there's not really a move that gives me progress (I taught face danger would make sense as I tried to build a shelter and make a fire).
I can easily hack this but is there a way as per RAW to get progress form a passive enemy such as the weather?
During a perilous journey I got waylaid by a severe snowstorm.
I immediately written a track for "beating" the storm but I've noticed there's not really a move that gives me progress (I taught face danger would make sense as I tried to build a shelter and make a fire).
I can easily hack this but is there a way as per RAW to get progress form a passive enemy such as the weather?
Hey Addramyr Palinor, have a look at scene challenges on page 234 of the rulebook. It's an optional mechanic to handle that sort of situation.
ReplyDeletePerfect. I've forgotten about it! Thx a lot!
ReplyDeleteI've never had such a blast! Haven't soloed since Lone Wolf books in the eighties 😉
ReplyDeleteAwesome!
ReplyDeleteGetting my ass handed to me by a giant though lol
ReplyDeleteARGH! This is why A) I'm forcing myself to read cover-to-cover the entire ruleset first before starting to play, and B) I'm fricking ready to throw caution to the wind and start playing without finishing! I need a week's vacation just to myself. ;)
ReplyDelete"Getting one's ass handed to one's self" is to be expected with some frequency in the Ironlands. :D
ReplyDeleteDan Davis Just dive in! I've had to refer back to the book quite a bit, but I've found the best way to learn is just playing the game and developing a feel for how it goes. The most important piece of advice in the entire book is "let it all fall apart", because man, the feeling of surviving a Face Death roll is pretty exhilarating.
ReplyDelete