Where are you supposed to write your Bonds on the character sheet?

Where are you supposed to write your Bonds on the character sheet?

I was a bit confused when creating my character. I see the track Bonds on the sheet, but I was not sure where I should write the names from the NPC I had bonds with.

Also, are each NPC should have its own Bond track or is the track shared amongst all of your Bonds?

Also, where you guys usually write down your equipment? I know it's not emphasised in the game, although there's still a step in character creation that tells you to write down relevant equipment/gear. I ended up writting 2-3 items in the bottom margin of the sheet. I kinda wished there was a "note" section on the sheet or something.

Comments

  1. Addramyr Palinor .. I kept the sheet pretty focused on the basics of vow progress and mechanical status, with the expectation that folks would scribble notes in whatever is convenient. Depending on your preferences for tracking this stuff, there's a bit too much complexity with the specifics of a bond (who/what are they, where are they, any other notes related to the relationship) to boil it down into a block on the character sheet. My preference is to just use notepaper, a journal, or index cards. You can see how I handle the map and places/bonds on page 131 of the book.

    Equipment is less complex, but my initial thought was that adding a block to the character sheet created an implication that I (the designer) felt it was important. Again, for me and what I've seen in playtesting, it's usually just a matter of jotting down some notes however you prefer.

    But! I'll give it some thought, and I'm not at all opposed to a sheet that includes this stuff. Might end up being a 2-pager though.

    Regarding bonds .. you mark one tick on the bond progress track when you create a background bond or Forge a Bond as part of your story. The track itself comes into play only once when you Write your Epilogue. And, yes, it's a bit silly to use a mechanic that essentially only part of the game for a single roll, but having it visible and giving it implied importance helps reinforce the activity of creating connections in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes sense!

    Although I prefer having everything on the same page (vs writting notes on a notepad), I prefer also 1 page character sheets (or double-sided 1 page if it really can't stand on 1 page).

    I agree that adding an equipment section kinda says "equipment is something important", though.

    Maybe adding a "Notes" section would allow to have space to write down bonds and equipment and other stuff in a more clean way than on the margin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just about to try this for the first time and have printed lines on the back of the character sheet. This is for all my notes. Anything I'll need to carry from session to session then they don't get lost.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment