If you'll forgive the indulgence, here's a bit of Ironsworn fiction.
If you'll forgive the indulgence, here's a bit of Ironsworn fiction. An unlikely pair of hunters take on their toughest foe yet.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cdmCndmKDOkZ_UWWFxsszQbrdxfyq-Tq
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cdmCndmKDOkZ_UWWFxsszQbrdxfyq-Tq
Checking this tonight!
ReplyDeleteMake sure to put this on Drivethru. Not now, but when you go live with the print version or a few days after
ReplyDeleteThat was amazing! You have a really good prose. The story was entertaining, and it shows all the potential of Ironsworn. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteGreat read! Would love a whole novel in the Ironsworn world one day!
ReplyDeleteCommenting to read later! My initial thought would be to do a series of these, and at the end of each toss in premade character sheets for the characters, maybe a few new quest starters or a custom asset. Something to tie the game and the story together (almost like a hybrid fiction/zine)
ReplyDeleteJustin Gordon Good idea! It would make for a nice intro into the game.
ReplyDeleteTruly awesome writing.
ReplyDelete📌
ReplyDeleteShawn Tomkin, thanks for sharing this, it was a very good read. I kept trying to piece the mechanics together in my head, this was a face danger, that was a clash, that was clearly a miss, etc. I'm curious specifically about the portion when Jihan was tying the Wyvern's leg to log underwater and then sent the beast over the waterfall. Was that Securing an Advantage leading up to a Strike? I get it could have been several things, but curious how you envisioned it. Thanks again for the sharing.
ReplyDeleteIf I were to translate it to moves, I would say they weren't actually in the fight anymore. They used Face Danger to flee earlier in the scene (but rolled a miss or weak hit at best). Tying up the wyvern would have been some combo of Secure an Advantage and Face Danger rather than combat moves. It's a bit of an edge case and a stretch by the rules, but I don't think it really translates well into Clash/Strike, and it's a way to represent maneuvers which don't involve direct confrontation.
ReplyDeleteFair. If anything though, that is one of the strengths of the system (even if you weren't using at the time) that dramatic conflicts don't have to be framed as combat.
ReplyDeleteI had no time to read the game properly, yet, but I'm sure this will help to get the feeling. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteWow. Well done. Very cinematic.
ReplyDelete