I was a bit disappointed... with an intro like that, I was expecting it to be partially burnt through, sabertooth bite marks tearing the binding, and an ink-spattered leather-wrapped dagger plunged through it, Thredith Undomiel!!! :D
Glad you got your copy, though. I got mine the other day; they really did a nice job printing it, and the size is perfect; nice to be able to hold the tome in my hands without needing to take a break every few minutes, like I do with some of my other full-size books! Thanks again for the wonderful design job, Shawn Tomkin! I expect it to be dog-eared by the end of the year.
Man I need to up my photo game, you guys all have such neat shots of your book. Give me a minute I need to hire a sherpa to take me to the top of a mountain.
I got mine the other day. I have to say, not only is it a great game but the physical book is a great advertisement for the quality of print that we can now get from POD. Especially when you have someone who knows how to layout a book, which I get the impression Shawn Tomkin knows a thing or two about.
Well Dan Davis, it has no sabertooth's bites, but it does have some domestic feline's hairs. Although, the ideas you mention would be amazing for creating a custom leather cover for the book.
Justin Gordon, make sure it's a high mountain. Right now, the book rests at 2600 m above sea level, on one of the northern branches of the Andean mountain range :P
Todd, indeed! The quality of the book is AMAZING! I'm really happy with it. Shawn's work has added a lot to it too.
Glad it made it! Thanks so much for your support.
ReplyDeleteI was a bit disappointed... with an intro like that, I was expecting it to be partially burnt through, sabertooth bite marks tearing the binding, and an ink-spattered leather-wrapped dagger plunged through it, Thredith Undomiel!!! :D
ReplyDeleteGlad you got your copy, though. I got mine the other day; they really did a nice job printing it, and the size is perfect; nice to be able to hold the tome in my hands without needing to take a break every few minutes, like I do with some of my other full-size books! Thanks again for the wonderful design job, Shawn Tomkin! I expect it to be dog-eared by the end of the year.
Man I need to up my photo game, you guys all have such neat shots of your book. Give me a minute I need to hire a sherpa to take me to the top of a mountain.
ReplyDeleteI got mine the other day. I have to say, not only is it a great game but the physical book is a great advertisement for the quality of print that we can now get from POD. Especially when you have someone who knows how to layout a book, which I get the impression Shawn Tomkin knows a thing or two about.
ReplyDeleteWell Dan Davis, it has no sabertooth's bites, but it does have some domestic feline's hairs. Although, the ideas you mention would be amazing for creating a custom leather cover for the book.
ReplyDeleteJustin Gordon, make sure it's a high mountain. Right now, the book rests at 2600 m above sea level, on one of the northern branches of the Andean mountain range :P
Todd, indeed! The quality of the book is AMAZING! I'm really happy with it. Shawn's work has added a lot to it too.