Chapter 4 of Valgrym's Tale (Ironsword Solo)

Chapter 4 of Valgrym's Tale (Ironsword Solo)
I really seem to have gotten somewhere with this session of the solo game. The STORY that emerged seems very satisfying, the ADVENTURE improved and the game mechanics really contributed.

https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/112704/assets/894014/Ironsworn_Story_004.pdf

You can find links to all the chapters in my Blog at http://igm4u.com
https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/112704/assets/894014/Ironsworn_Story_004.pdf

Comments

  1. "The Peatbog Faerie" from Valgrym's Tale - 18 inches tall. I like to imagine him calling down the butterfly with a lovely whistle, then stuffing it into his mouth and continuing to chat while the legs twitch and wriggle.
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Gx10Ffc6xiylYB3T4sux892LJsTNlljZz9xwZ3tt4KFFjp9NAkHdPjSuK8YU4ZKsQgjkT50DYn0NgdP55HVUrBOjj-4hYxC6fQ=s0

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Peatbog Faerie is creepy-as-hell! Nice! I can imagine it fitting in well with Verena Boarwater's Flooded Lands homeland... maybe as a Marshmaiden her kind would worship and revere the Peatbog Faeries?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe there would be odd little shrines in the marsh. Failure to leave an offering would be known to bring bad luck - boats leaking, fires starting, items getting lost, foxes getting into chicken pens. Actually steal an offering and you’d risk a poisoned well, a lost child, a fog and straying into deep sucking mud. In my version of the Dark Ages, these ancient creatures are losing their power in the world. They aren’t “evil” as such but are sufficiently alien in their needs and desires, that they can appear so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great stuff, Mick. Do you mind if I pilfer your ideas and introduce Peatbog Faeries into my Flooded Lands?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul Staxx Spraget Help yourself. I’m enjoying your Flooded Lands reports. Solo gaming is definitely more interesting when you share the output from it. I’d not write such detail if it was only for myself but that level of imagining and detail is part of the appeal. Then the act of publishing it makes it “fixed” so I don’t feel I can ret-con anything. Even if nobody ever reads these things, posting them finishes the process and getting feedback is a bonus! I’m lucky enough to play and GM in regular groups and only just started with Solo games. It satisfies a similar creative impulse, but can be done at your own pace.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment